My 14 Piece Mapex Saturn in Arctic White

S

sticks4drums

Bass drums - 22" x 20" x two of them

Toms - 8" x 7", 8" x 8", 10" x 8" x 2, 12" x 9", 13" x 10", 14" x 12", 15" x 13", 16" x 14", 18" x 16"

Snares - 14" x 5.5", 13" x 6", Saturns
14" x 5.5" Black Panther Phosphor Bronze
13" x 6.5" Black Panther Phosphor Bronze Hand Hammered

Sabian Cymbals - 8" Paragon Splash
9" Max Splash (signed by Mike Portnoy)
10" Paragon Splash
12" AAX O-Zone Splash
13" Paragon Hi-Hat
14" Paragon Hi-Hat
16" AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash
16" Paragon Crash
16" AAX Stage Crash (don't underestimate. My favorite crash)
17" HHX Evolution Crash
17" AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash
18" Paragon Crash
18" HHX Evolution Crash
18" AAX Stage Crash
19" Paragon Chinese
20" Paragon Crash
22" Paragon Ride

Mapex 700 Series Hi-Hat Pedal, DW 5000 Bass Pedals x 2, Pearl remote Hi-Hat, Mapex tom mounts

DW Stainless steel custom rack (Don't ask how much), DW cymbal mounts( great cymbal tension system), DW Throne

Stock Remo Emperor's over Ambassadors. (great sound)

Electronics - Roland TD10 kit with expansion, SPD - 11

1109.jpg

1068.jpg

1210.jpg
1073.jpg
1082.jpg

1100.jpg
1052.jpg

1020.jpg

1009.jpg

1091.jpg

1069.jpg

1008.jpg

998Rack.jpg

993DrumCastle.jpg

1194.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty impressive, clean looking, and great use of boom add-ons. I'm going to assume you had a little money left over to hire a moving crew...?

Pretty impressive, clean looking, and great use of boom add-ons. I'm going to assume you had a little money left over to hire a moving crew...?
Well luckily for me my wife helps for free. This is the stay at home kit.

That drum riser must be a bitch to set up with all the rocks.

Very nice kit. Really impressive. I also liked the tour video on youtube.

Those where all the rocks I pulled out of my back field. Thought it would make a good photo shoot so I built a simple 2 x 4 platform topped with plywood, set the drums up, and covered all the rack legs with leaves. Leveling the rock pile was the hardest part. Doesn't everybody do this. ;)

Great photos stick - thanks for showing them :) ...but you didn't mention the TD-12 / SPD6?......

and is that your back yard?

It's a tight squeeze to get in the middle of the 2 kits - do you abseil in?

Great photos stick - thanks for showing them :) ...but you didn't mention the TD-12 / SPD6?......

and is that your back yard?

It's a tight squeeze to get in the middle of the 2 kits - do you abseil in?

You were close, TD 10 with overly priced expansion card, SPD - 11

Well it is actually the golf course, driving range, race track, snow hill, terrain park, all on 5 acres. Everything is of course mini size :)

I just set the two kits for the picture. I am a big Neil Peart fan you know.

OMG !!!!! :O

WOW !!! :O

What a classy looking kit!!

What a beautiful garden!!

What an amazing display of pictures!!

What a handsome man!!

Haha, LOL. :p

Now, seriously, congrats for such a nice kit. It's really mind-blowing.

Cheers. :)

My wife was starting to get jealous as she read the post. :) Thanks you.

Killer kit man. I love how clean your drum rack is, everything was used very effectively.

I'm almost scared to ask, but how long does it take to set her up?

great pics, very classy and that's a great finish.

-Jonathan

Killer kit man. I love how clean your drum rack is, everything was used very effectively.

I'm almost scared to ask, but how long does it take to set her up?

great pics, very classy and that's a great finish.

-Jonathan
Well it does not take long to set up. Everything on this kit has a memory lock on it. The rack is carried in two main pieces. Once you set the rack up, all the cymbal arms and toms go back exactly in the same position that they came off. This is the beauty of a rack with this big of a kit. Even the the DW cymbal mounts are pre-set, so all you do is put the cymbal on and tighten the wing nut tight. The majority of the time is spent moving all the pieces.

Sweet setup! I think I'm going to order Saturns too someday. There would be only one difference - 14 minus 11 drums :)

That white finish looks somehow timeless.. It's always cool!

Im a fan of big kits and yours is stunning. Great balanced looking set up.

I see so many big kits out there and all you can see is the rack and stands of some kind. I really took my time to lay it out so that all the drums are the focal point, I also have the drums all turned so that you see the beautiful badges and not the mount, and L - rod. The floor is also not cluttered with legs and feet. I even put the snares coming up from the rack. The only feet touching the floor, other then the rack itself is the drum throne. I loved doing this. It was quite the fun project.

dang man, you must have 3k dollars worth of cymbals alone! BIG. :D

amazing, awesome, nice, etc, etc, etc,, I have no words.. congrats for so great set my friend... I see you are a Paragon fan... but your favourite crash is an AAX stage.. Im planning to get this cymbal soon, but I played it in a store and sounded a bit clangy for me.. is it so????.. thanks

amazing, awesome, nice, etc, etc, etc,, I have no words.. congrats for so great set my friend... I see you are a Paragon fan... but your favourite crash is an AAX stage.. Im planning to get this cymbal soon, but I played it in a store and sounded a bit clangy for me.. is it so????.. thanks
I am all about clean sounds when it comes to cymbals. I actually hand picked all the cymbals around the 16" AAX Stage Crash's sound. I use it as my main crash. It just has a nice high pitch that I like, and is clean without being too shimery. The best part is that it is the Cheapest crash cymbal of the bunch.

You can't really try a cymbal in those little rooms. You almost need to take it home, or like I did, get them to set the cymbals up out in the main store area on stands for you. Then I got the guy to hit them, while I stood out front and listened.

I am all about clean sounds when it comes to cymbals. I actually hand picked all the cymbals around the 16" AAX Stage Crash's sound. I use it as my main crash. It just has a nice high pitch that I like, and is clean without being too shimery. The best part is that it is the Cheapest crash cymbal of the bunch.

You can't really try a cymbal in those little rooms. You almost need to take it home, or like I did, get them to set the cymbals up out in the main store area on stands for you. Then I got the guy to hit them, while I stood out front and listened.

GOOD advice.. you re right.. I just played it around cymbals...thanks

Back