buying new heads

ipao_1808

hey, i have a gretsch catalina maple kit. i have this kit for about 5-6 months now. all my heads are stock except for my snare reso because it actually ripped off so i changed it into a clear hazy ambassador. now i am planning to change my snare batter side. i play almost any kind of music like rock, pop, funk etc.but not a jazz man and i dont use any brush works. im also choosing between remo and evans because i dont have much experience with those heads. i also want a less cheap-off head so it would last long and a nice controlled sound with a bit of overtones. any suggestions? thanks

I have played Evans , Aquarian and Remo and IMO I like the Remo clear Emperors on the toms, the coated Ambassador on the snare and the Evans EMAD single ply on the kick. This setup works for me.

doesnt the coated ambassador gives alot of ring and overtones? im after for a more controlled sound. any more suggestions?

Definitely G2 coated over G1 clear (for the toms). Best combination I've ever heard. The bass and snare is mostly up to you, everyone has their own favorites.

Back