Drummerworld forum iphone app!

MoreCowbell!!

Hey, i just had this great idea! Don't you think that it would be cool if there was a Drummerworld forum iphone app? So you could access the DW forum directly from your iPhone!

Ps. excuse my english. I'm from sweden.

You can get to it from Safari, and put the icon on the iPhone home page.

Attachments

• iphoto.jpg
    iphoto.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 258
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 260
I want to get an iphone in the worst way. I have a family plan with Verizon Wireless and I don't want to change carriers. We have been Verizon customers since the beginning of the company. Verizon bought out our original carrier way back when. I have had a cell phone since 1985. My wife and kids are all set up with the Version family plan and we get a big discount from my wife's workplace. I settled for an LG Dare phone. It's OK but it is not even close to an iphone! All of my other electronic devices are Apple. I was disappointed when I saw that Verizon wasn't coupled with Apple on the iphone venture.
There is an app for everything on the iphone! No one else can come close! Apple is truly the best when it comes to mobile phones and computing devices! No one else comes close!

Verizon and Apple are talking though so something could happen. and I read today where the AT&T rates may go down a bit.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/04/27/apple-and-verizon-in-iphone-negotiations-for-2010/
Thanks for sharing that! I was hoping that something like this would happen in the near future. I surmised that the iphone would expand to other carriers. Exclusive contracts always have time limits. I don't know the fine points of the current AT&T contract with Apple. I haven't seen any info on this as of yet.

Last edited:
Hey, i just had this great idea! Don't you think that it would be cool if there was a Drummerworld forum iphone app? So you could access the DW forum directly from your iPhone!

Ps. excuse my english. I'm from sweden.

Flawless English, so what are you talking about?

Ya, like GD says, what the point of it if you can access it via Safari and bookmark it..???

Flawless English, so what are you talking about?

Ya, like GD says, what the point of it if you can access it via Safari and bookmark it..???

Yes,but it would be totally redesigned so it would the iPhone better. That's what i thought...

Flawless english yay!

I'm not sure what that diatribe has to do with this thread, but the iPhone has proven to be and, and recognized as the favorite among smart phones. With millions sold in the last year and the number of apps some free, some pay, increasing daily I'm sure your opinion is in the minority.

I want to get an iphone in the worst way. I have a family plan with Verizon Wireless and I don't want to change carriers. We have been Verizon customers since the beginning of the company. Verizon bought out our original carrier way back when. I have had a cell phone since 1985. My wife and kids are all set up with the Version family plan and we get a big discount from my wife's workplace. I settled for an LG Dare phone. It's OK but it is not even close to an iphone! All of my other electronic devices are Apple. I was disappointed when I saw that Verizon wasn't coupled with Apple on the iphone venture.
There is an app for everything on the iphone! No one else can come close! Apple is truly the best when it comes to mobile phones and computing devices! No one else comes close!

Just get the iTouch. It's the same thing without the phone and camera. You can get free internet anywhere there is wi-fi. I love mine and you can get a free one here http://www.ehow.com/how_2277217_free-itouch.html. It works. that's how I got mine.

You can buy a refurbished, warranteed to the fullest, iPod Touch for 159.-179. at the Apple Store. I would be leery of the "free" ones where you have to complete a program. They are not free.

I'm currently speaking to you through the medium of my Nokia 5800. I think the iphone is overrated, like apple in general. Relatively convenient things at horrific prices if you ask me.

I know we disagree here on Apple in general. I think Apple have actually made a succession of really great products in the last four/five years - particularly with their computers. In terms of their professional hardware, I think they are largely unsurpassed. Mac Pros stand at the very forefront of home professional computing and I'll happily argue that until I'm blue in the face. The new Mac Pros (with the Intel i7) are stunning. Expensive, yes, but also stunning and I would very much like to own one. My own experience with my iMac (as you well know) has been nothing short of exemplary in the last two and a half years and the computer is still perfectly serviceable and capable of easily running everything I want it to - admittedly after a cheap RAM upgrade, but it has always performed well.

Apple's consumer products I am less enthusiastic about and I do tend to view them more as a means of great product design rather than necessarily the best functionality at the price point. The iPhone is popular for a few reasons including the design, the user interface and the advertising and you're right that your Nokia is probably technically a better piece of technology, but with all that said, Nokia make large sales too. A lot of it is brand image and identity at that level. It's the same with the iPod - it's not the best Mp3 player out there by a long shot, but its ubiquity has more to do with the design than anything else. The designs are always great and usually very simple yet functional.

That doesn't stop me wanting an iPod - I think they're excellent pieces of technology, but I know that they aren't class leaders, just very well designed.

I'm not sure what that diatribe has to do with this thread, but the iPhone has proven to be and, and recognized as the favorite among smart phones. With millions sold in the last year and the number of apps some free, some pay, increasing daily I'm sure your opinion is in the minority.

Minority or not I'm gonna have to argree, the iphone has a lot of fancy features that ultimatley come down to fluff. While it is a good phone it is, in fact, over priced.

You can buy a refurbished, warranteed to the fullest, iPod Touch for 159.-179. at the Apple Store. I would be leery of the "free" ones where you have to complete a program. They are not free.

I gotta disagree. I was leery myself, but it worked out beautifully. My iTouch is money and a few friends were happy to use Netflix for a month to help me out. It was no big deal.

Back