Pearl Eliminator cams?

Rob1n

Good morning everyone,

I recently bought the Eliminator double kick pedal, and am currently using the blue cams on both pedals. I tried the other day to use the red one on my left foot and the blue one on my right foot, and its made me faster with regards to solid double kick, triplets and foot patterns. but i was wondering if this is bad practice? Should i get both my feet to be the same instead of giving my weaker foot a handicap?

Cheers!

Good morning everyone,

I recently bought the Eliminator double kick pedal, and am currently using the blue cams on both pedals. I tried the other day to use the red one on my left foot and the blue one on my right foot, and its made me faster with regards to solid double kick, triplets and foot patterns. but i was wondering if this is bad practice? Should i get both my feet to be the same instead of giving my weaker foot a handicap?

Cheers!

mmm maybe you should have the same skill in both legs

Whatever works best for you. As long as its an improvement, go for it. I started with the black cams and after reading a thread on here about peoples cam choices I switched to blue. I played a gig this past Saturday and to tell you the truth, I didnt notice any difference between the 2 colors.

mmm maybe you should have the same skill in both legs

Except that with a regular double pedal, the slave isn't the same as the master pedal. You have extra weight on the slave from the linkage. So by using different cams he may well be restoring the slave to the same feel as the master.

And the idea that you need to cripple your left foot by setting up the left pedal "the same" as the right pedal doesn't make sense to me. Set each pedal up independently however makes it feel best, and get better through practice.

Back