Best Drum Head for a 7x13 snare

jvargas

Hey. I have a Pork Pie 7x13 Vented Maple Snare with an Evans Genera Single Ply Snare head. I'm considering a new head and I'm deciding between a Remo Emperor Coated, Remo Coated CS Reverse Black Dot, or the Evans EC1 Snare Head. Mine works preety fine right now but i think i could get more out of the drum. I play mostly on a church and I tune fairly high (but not cracked). What I look for is a moderately high pitch with minimal ring, but not so muted that you can't appreciate defined ghost notes. I achieve this preety well with the Evans Genera and a strip of duct tape on top of the head. What do you all think?

I have the Power Center Reverse Dot and it's really good for ghost notes. Sorry, I won't be a help to your choices you listed but the Power Center Reverse Dot is my of my favorites!
Also the reason for the ring is because you tuned it high. If you tune the reso high and the batter low - med to lessen that ring. BUT THE RING HELPS YOUR DRUM PROJECT and it will most likely get lost in the mix while you play.

Back