Danmar hard wood beaters

anyone use these i would like to buy them. do they eat up your bass drum head i use the aquarian double kick pad will this help?

Doesn't Jason Bittner use them?

I've used them (wood Danmars) in the past. Yes, they will eat up your batter head faster, and yes, some kind of patch will prolong head life. Depending on how often and how long you play your drums, your kick batter should be replaced (probably) every 6 months to a year (tops) anyways.

anyone use these i would like to buy them. do they eat up your bass drum head i use the aquarian double kick pad will this help?

Yes, I had one also as
Harry Conway says, it will eat up your bass drum head!
I didn't have the AQ kick pad, I had the felt pad & went thru it
in no time... I also thought the Sound was too boomy for me.
I prefer felts & plastic beaters now.

good luck!

I play with one. I "ate through" a bass drum head pretty quickly when I played a blues gig. I was even using a falam pad! I adjusted the batter so it was more parallel with the head when it made contact, got a new head, and I played another gig. It was a jazz gig twice as long as the blues gig, and I didn't use a falam pad on the head. What do you know...I didn't bury the beater, and the head stayed pretty well intact. Not even a noticeable scratch or dent in it!

Once again, it comes down to preference in sound when mandating technique and gear usage. I love the sound of the beater, but I only use it for jazz gigs now, and I don't bury the beater when I use it. Well, sometimes I do...

I've tried them as well. They went through a Remo Falams patch after a short ammount of time. They would take some adjusting to get use to them.. I think. Rather than adjust and learn to play easier with them, I found it cheaper to go back to felt and plastic. Bass heads are expensive.

He may use the tama iron cobra wood beaters......im not too sure but i do know he uses wood.

Back