PRAY FOR ME BRO's

guys.... am another passionate drummer like you all guys.. made of flesh.. blood... n lots of devotion.

just the difference between me and all you guys...

i have a kit.. but no place to practice.

3 months ago.. my neighbors launched 1st police complaint against me.

then 2nd.

now the 3rd one..

my parents are very very disgraced due to this... as they say..

i can do nothing just look at my babe.( Tama swingstars ) with tears in my eyes.

she calls me.. to play with her... have some good time... a little bit of romance...

but my hands are under a huge stone of.. so called.. noise pollutions.

i have been trying a hell lots of ways of sound control and damping.. (within my limits and capacities) i never ever played my drums open. except the 1st day. when i brought my love home..

don't know what to do...

searching for a suitable room on rent since last 6 months... 17 estate agents contacted.. no positive results yet.

all i hope from you bro's is.. just pray for me.. not to let another drummer die out of such circumstances

enjoy your drumming. god give your kits long life

Not sure where in India you are but I was in New Delhi once and I find it hard to believe they have any noise/pollution ordinance..

That suxx I imagine you should be able to find a space to rent if you can afford it, in the meantime maybe start looking into an electric kit.. I know it's not as good as an acoustic for some people but it beats the hell out of not playing at all. I think it would even be better than playing an acoustic kit thats muffled with silence pads.

As long as you are not sharing walls, ceilings or floors with your neighbors, it is relatively easy and cheap to create an isolated room. I am not saying it will look like an interior decorating magazine; I am talking about improvisation where function and price is more important than form.

At one time I was living in a trailer park. The cops came and I knew I had to do something. I found a store that sold used mattresses relatively cheap and I put them over the windows and walls. It was hot in there, but I was able to play along with some band members who used some loud amplification. If you do not know, a trailer has very thin walls where the sound can travel right through them.

If you are sharing walls, ceilings or floors with your neighbors, you have to isolate the vibration of the shared building members and not let the sound vibrate onto the building members. You can build a platform and make sure you are supporting the platform on rubber isolators so that the sound does not travel through to the floor. You can use old tires for the rubber isolation dampeners.

Basically, you are building a box within the room and not letting anything vibrate the floor, or walls. If you have neighbors above you, then you have to isolate above as well.
The mattresses I used worked, but there are other large foam, sound absorbing materials that will work.

Good luck.

so sorry to hear this, I've been in that situation before myself. there is a guy on youtube that takes his kit up in the mountains and blasts away, is there anywhere outside the city limits you could drive to and just play once in a while ? until you get a place any how.

This thread is reminding me of things so please forgive me for posting too often here.

I was living in an apartment, I had a set of remo practice pads to play drums on, but I could not play my alto saxophone.

I would from time to time, take my sax in the car and park in a nearby corn fields and just play. True story, one time while I was playing, I heard someone yell at me "FREEZE!"

I looked over my left shoulder, and there was a cop pointing his gun at me. In about a second, the cop realized he made a mistake and I did not have a gun.

The cop then asked me not to report him to his department. It was then that I figured out how dangerous playing the saxophone could be to my health.

To this day, I can not figure out what really happened that day. I do not know of any guns that have a brass finish and make moose call sounds.

since your in india i would try and find and elephant to crap on their lawn, feed him x-lax rotten eggs and cabbage, that should give them something else to think about for a while.

i really have no idea whats in india so my only suggestion is mesh heads and practice pads.......

guys.... am another passionate drummer like you all guys.. made of flesh.. blood... n lots of devotion.

then 2nd.

now the 3rd one..

i can do nothing just look at my babe.( Tama swingstars ) with tears in my eyes.

she calls me.. to play with her... have some good time... a little bit of romance...

i have been trying a hell lots of ways of sound control and damping.. (within my limits and capacities) i never ever played my drums open. except the 1st day. when i brought my love home..

don't know what to do...

searching for a suitable room on rent since last 6 months... 17 estate agents contacted.. no positive results yet.

all i hope from you bro's is.. just pray for me.. not to let another drummer die out of such circumstances

Bro, I just prayed for you! I had the same issue last year, and my family moved thank God! The first day I got my kit (Christmas), the neighbors called the police as I was tuning! They were the biggest A**Holes! Just seriously go over to your neighbors house and have a long talk with them and try to set up times when you can play your beautiful set! Talk to them!!!!!!!

Sucks to hear man, I live in a unit, know how you feel. Don't know what to do really, maybe go down a local drum store and ask about sound proofing, they would know more then I do, I still put a towel over the snare drum to dull the sound.

then 2nd.

now the 3rd one..

don't know what to do...

Back