Beginner...need help..Drum Heads

menza13

HI ther.....

I am just a beginner. I am completely new to drum heads. I am using a cheap ( chancellor) drum set and it sounds horrible so I decided to change the snare drum head. I dont play live I just practice at home. I am lookin for something which will suite all styles of music. Can anybody help me with that? and one more thing is it necessary to change the resonant head?

Dude, I´ve only been playing for 4 years but I can assure U, U need o change the batter and the resonant heads of the snare. I advice remo, coated (better if it is SC, sound control) for the batter, and a very thin head for the resonant

I used Remo heads for more years than I care to remember up until about three years ago when I went totally Evans. For your snare I recommend as a good starting point an Evans Power Center Reverse Dot for the batter head and an Evans Hazy 300 for the snare side. I use this combination on most of my snares and play most venues on these.

Dennis

Try an Evans Genera Dry (not the HD version - it'll be too thick to work for every style). Just the regular single ply.

thanks guyz...can anybody tell me which drum heads did nirvana and pearl jam used..I am looking for that grunge sound.. also i dont want a drum head which is too loud..can anybody help me with that?

Back