Why I play the Breakbeats!

I did put a coated ambassador on the snare, but so far I've been using the stock heads and it's been ok. The toms have Remo UT pinstripes and the bass drum has that Remo UT Powerstroke 3 type head, and just generic reso heads. I have this feeling if I put coated emperors on the toms and a real PS3 on the bass drum, with appropriate reso heads on all the drums, it might sound outstanding.

I'm sure it would make quite a noticeable difference, especially on the bass. Those imitation Powerstrokes don't sound good to me. I had one on my Club Date and it was just awful. As soon as I put on the real thing, there was the sound. Toms you can get away with but you might as well pull as much tone out of them as you can with some quality heads. Nice little kit.

The only heads I get lazy about changing are snare side heads. I should do it though.

You'd better put the seat belt on those front seat drums.
Otherwise Mr. Snare might meet Mr. Windshield.

How come you have a purse attached to your cymbal bag?

You'd better put the seat belt on those front seat drums.
Otherwise Mr. Snare might meet Mr. Windshield.

How come you have a purse attached to your cymbal bag?

That is for accessories!...don't you know anything? ;-) I can't have anything like that around here or my wife or daughters might appropriate it....it looks close enough to a beach or hoochie mama type bag.

Bo, my apologies, it started as a harmless joke about your red leather cymbal bag. I never meant it to go this far and possibly scar you for the rest of your life.
I do think that you should get shoes to match it though :)

That is for accessories!...don't you know anything? ;-) I can't have anything like that around here or my wife or daughters might appropriate it....it looks close enough to a beach or hoochie mama type bag.

Ya - you could fit a lot of lipstick in there.

(Just kidding you Bo - you can take a joke, right?)

Last edited:
The cool thing with the large pocket on the cymbal bag is that I've eliminated using the stick bag. That pocket is holding five pairs of sticks, tymp mallets, brushes, spare hi hat clutch and beater, and a couple of drum keys.

I remind you guys this is a rehearsal kit, so alot of the main stuff I would normally use goes out with the big Ludwig kit. The whole premise is to have a kit I could throw in the cab of the truck and make a rehearsal - hence why I've not yet changed out all the heads at all.

But I'm not scarred by this whole episode, really. I do like the Revlon lipstick line, though ;)

But I'm not scarred by this whole episode, really. I do like the Revlon lipstick line, though ;)

Revlon is my favourite! And I know for a fact that they have a shade exactly like that cymbal case. ;P

I think the problem is an open bed pickup truck, not the size of kit. Just curious Bo, what do you use the bed of a pickup truck for hauling usually besides drums?

The usual guy stuff - wood, appliances, motorcycles.....we DIY a lot of stuff around here and having an open bed pickup is more useful. Although I may breakdown one day and get one of those soccer mom minivans......but not yet ;)

I have a question. How did you get white Breakbeats? Re-wrap? Let me know!

Nope. Totally stock off the show room floor. Ludwig calls it "white sparkle" although it comes out a little more grey/blue, depending on the lighting. I had wanted the azure blue sparkle when I first saw it, but it didn't really matter.

The usual guy stuff - wood, appliances, motorcycles.....we DIY a lot of stuff around here and having an open bed pickup is more useful. Although I may breakdown one day and get one of those soccer mom minivans......but not yet ;)

After driving a truck for almost forever, I sold my latest one a few months ago and got an SUV. Put a trailer hitch on it the first day I got it home though, in case I still need to do some 'guy stuff' - LOL
Plenty of room inside, for more than just drum stuff, especially with the seats folded down.

Even though it's comfy, it's got AWD, and it gets better gas mileage, it still doesn't feel exactly quite right.
Maybe I'll get used to it though, before it's time to get another vehicle.

Why have we not heard a video of these little babies yet??

Why have we not heard a video of these little babies yet??

Because he already sold them. He only owned them long enough to see if they fit in the truck. Didn't even go to a gig with them.

Back