Mesh front bass heads

Supposedly, they have no sound qualities. They give the appearance of a front head with no actual sound characteristics of one. They're for when you want that one-head sound, but with a two-head look.

Makes sense to me. I really don't see how it could effect the sound of the drum other than it just sounding like it only has a batter head.

I wonder if I could find mesh resonant heads in smaller sizes for toms... (I don't use resonant heads on my toms anymore but I want a way to protect the shell but still have the 1 head sound.)

I wonder if I could find mesh resonant heads in smaller sizes for toms... (I don't use resonant heads on my toms anymore but I want a way to protect the shell but still have the 1 head sound.)

Just put on some cheap low quality heads on the bottom and cut a circle, leaving about an inch from the rim

yes, i was told to do that in another thread... but I think mesh heads would look a bit nicer.

Interesting idea. I've got a set of mesh heads that came with a Pearl Rhythm Traveler, and I never thought about using them for non-resonating resos... Of course, I do prefer the sound of bottom headed toms...

Back