my kits

wnameth said:
Your doing something right eh?
Love the brady and blonde PP.

I am guessing you have been playing for more then 20 years?

-Wes

I played my first money gig in 1980.....20 years in Los Angeles music scene, and now six years in the mid west.

gmrakich said:
I played my first money gig in 1980.....20 years in Los Angeles music scene, and now six years in the mid west.
Good for you. Do you have any other recordings of your drumming, so i can see this experience play out? like any solo's or just heavier rock or classic rock stuff (zeppelin on your Bonzo kit?)

anyway sounds good, keltic, isn't really my music, but you guys are talented, (not many bands can have that said about them from someone who doesn't like there music)

-Wes

wnameth said:
Good for you. Do you have any other recordings of your drumming, so i can see this experience play out? like any solo's or just heavier rock or classic rock stuff (zeppelin on your Bonzo kit?)

anyway sounds good, keltic, isn't really my music, but you guys are talented, (not many bands can have that said about them from someone who doesn't like there music)

-Wes

Most of what I recorded in LA is on tape and I am computarded and don't know how to put it on a CD then on the web happen. Celtic isn't really my "thing" either but it is fun to try different stuff. The last CD I did with ARMINTA (12 song) has so harder rocking stuff. Also recorded another CD with them about two weeks ago. That has a nice little solo so in about three months, I will find out how to load it. I used the Brady kit on that song.

What's up Greg? Carl here from Noblesville. Keith Moon still sucks. LOL Hey, I was sitting around yesterday and came up with a guesstimate of what I have wrapped up in drums/percussion. Using my trusty calculator, I came up with a 17,000-18,000 figure. If you don't mind my asking, how much do you think you have wrapped up in drums/percussion? Kinda scary to think about it isn't it. I wonder if I'm in the top 5 on this board. If someone purchased one of those exclusive(30 only) Neil Peart kits they are getting ready to roll out that would be $30,000 right off the bat. Talk to you later.

Holy.................................................

I am totally speechless. I truly love Pork Pies and when I man has more than 1, I envy him.

Awesome kits bro, I'd love to play a porkpie of those proportions. Would love to hear recordings of em

presto123 said:
What's up Greg? Carl here from Noblesville. Keith Moon still sucks. LOL Hey, I was sitting around yesterday and came up with a guesstimate of what I have wrapped up in drums/percussion. Using my trusty calculator, I came up with a 17,000-18,000 figure. If you don't mind my asking, how much do you think you have wrapped up in drums/percussion? Kinda scary to think about it isn't it. I wonder if I'm in the top 5 on this board. If someone purchased one of those exclusive(30 only) Neil Peart kits they are getting ready to roll out that would be $30,000 right off the bat. Talk to you later.

What my stuff is worth and what I PAID are two very different numbers. My stuff is close to $65,000. Retail on the Brady alone is over $10K. I have deals with Pork Pie & Brady and get everything direct from them. The DW kit was payment for a recording session. (Very long, long story) I forgot that kit....add $8800.00

Greg, you monster... I wondered where you had wandered off to.

I was going to post a recent pic of my (one) Brady kit, but that now seems blase.

Give my best to Boris, the next time you speak with him.

ReX said:

I was going to post a recent pic of my (one) Brady kit, but that now seems blase.

Dude, please do! One is never enough!

ReX said:

Give my best to Boris, the next time you speak with him.

Hey Dude! Wasss up? Post a pic of your kit...being a lefty it will make heads explode. Your kit is very cool. I'll pass the shout out to Boris down under for you.
Cheers.

Holy @$#& haha! I'm kinda speechless. Those are truly some awesome kits! I like the Keith Moon setup, you don't see many of those these days. Wow! Great stuff!

What a decadant display of capitalism at it's best....!

"GM has announced he is adding a wing on to his house to display his ever-expanding drum collection. The local Guitar Center has written in protest that he has more in stock than they do.....film at 11"

That is just an amazing collection. It's like having a selection of the finest automobiles like Jay Leno.

I'd hate to pick favorites, but I think the Brady would win it for me. The blue piggy looks stunning as well.

Nice stuff, for one of more-than-modest income... ;)

Brady. What can I say. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I have been saving up for a home studio. Now I'm thinking I want about 10 more kits.

Exportdrummer said:
Oh my Gosh........ I don't even know what to say. I love your kits man i want that many too, exsept you have that many.

Yes...I have too many so I'm gonna sell the DW Exotic............................to make room for a new Pork Pie : ^ )

gmrakich said:
Yes...I have too many so I'm gonna sell the DW Exotic............................to make room for a new Pork Pie : ^ )
Hey Greg, Isn't it an amazingly different reaction over here as opposed to...

For those who don't know, Greg was once on a kind of evil forum being drug into an unrelated argument, when the subject of his drums came up. For two days everybody on that forum called him the worst kind of liar there was, until the pics were uploaded. Then he became their god.

The war started was among the most celebrated in drum forum history, and actually got some people thinking about their behavior. But since the day his pics arrived, that particular forum has been much calmer than it once was.

The power of custom drums is an amazing thing.

mattsmith said:
Hey Greg, Isn't it an amazingly different reaction over here as opposed to...

For those who don't know, Greg was once on a kind of evil forum being drug into an unrelated argument, when the subject of his drums came up. For two days everybody on that forum called him the worst kind of liar there was, until the pics were uploaded. Then he became their god.

The war started was among the most celebrated in drum forum history, and actually got some people thinking about their behavior. But since the day his pics arrived, that particular forum has been much calmer than it once was.

The power of custom drums is an amazing thing.

Dudes are naming their first born snares after me over there.....hehehe

Back