SHINE Definition Birch Series Kit

Pics here...I'm really proud of it! It took a lot of money and work, but it's finally done.
http://tommytwoshoes.tumblr.com/post/3834742663/newdrums

Bit of story behind this...I saw someone on Facebook posting about a Shine drumkit costing £627. The reason it cost so low was because it was in a January sale. There was one left.

I'm not someone who usually has that sort of money to throw around, but I'd been working a lot over Christmas and spending very little, and was lucky enough to have money from my family. My first ever kit was a Stagg kit bought for me by my Grandparents (still the best gift I've ever had) and my second is a Mapex QR, which is a great kit for the price.

I'd always wanted this kind of kit but knew I'd never really be able to afford one, so it just seemed like the right thing to do, because this was probably going to be the only opportunity I had. It'd be nice to imagine my band will do well and gain an endorsement or something crazy along those lines, but in the here and now that's not happening.

I went out of my house at about 2AM, went to the nearest cash machine and checked my balance. Then I went straight home and bought it. I've only just got around to putting the whole thing together (needed to save up and get a new snare, new heads and cymbals)

Last edited:
That is a sweet kit! Seems to me you're mainly a rock drummer? And too bad Shine went bankrupt, can you still get spare parts somewhere?

I did buy it from Drumshop! They seem to have a lot of good, random offers now and then.

I'm a rock drummer, yep. And is it true that Shine are out of business? My friend bought a custom made kit a while back from the US, in about November, so I figured maybe that wasn't quite true.

Back