Camco adjustment. Need help.

bosco

I have the Tama-issued Camco anniversary addition kick pedal and need help making an adjustment. A hex bar holds the mechanism containing the beater. I need to slide this mechanism along the hex bar so that the chain lines up perfectly vertical with the pedal below (where the bottom of the chain attaches to the pedal). I need to loosen the beater mechanism so I can accomplish this slide. On the bottom of the beater mechanism, there are two recessed set screws that appear to hold the mechanism to the hex bar – thus, I’m assuming I can slide the beater mechanism if I can loosen these set screws. Initially, I thought these screws could be loosened with an allen wrench. However, this is not the case. What tool (and size) do I need to loosen these set screws? Thanks in advance for your help.

A 3mm allen key will do the job. I am 100% positive.
I just loosened the ones on my pedal to make sure.

I have the Tama-issued Camco anniversary addition kick pedal and need help making an adjustment. A hex bar holds the mechanism containing the beater. I need to slide this mechanism along the hex bar so that the chain lines up perfectly vertical with the pedal below (where the bottom of the chain attaches to the pedal). I need to loosen the beater mechanism so I can accomplish this slide. On the bottom of the beater mechanism, there are two recessed set screws that appear to hold the mechanism to the hex bar – thus, I’m assuming I can slide the beater mechanism if I can loosen these set screws. Initially, I thought these screws could be loosened with an allen wrench. However, this is not the case. What tool (and size) do I need to loosen these set screws? Thanks in advance for your help.

It should be a 6 mm allen screw according to their parts listing, tho 3 mm sounds more like it.

Yes, the 3 mm did the trick. I had previously used a U.S. (non metric) set of allen keys for the job. But, once I tried the 3 mm (forgot I also had a metric set), I was home free. Thanks to all. Your help is GREATLY appreciated. :)

You are welcome. I really like my Camco peal. I use it mostly for jazz style playing because of the control that it has for feathering the bass drum.

Back