Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School

Re: Shooting in Newtown, Conneticut Elementary School

I did. Out of respect for Bob here. And for the forum rules.

Kinda difficult to mot mention the word assault rifle in this thread, when there were 20 little kids at the other end of it. Theres a white elephant in the room folks. Over & out. Merry Christmas, Agent Orange 27.

20 other people ,an aged to avoid using it. Spare me.

Unspeakably awful. This really touched me as a parent. My heart goes out to the families. Those poor, terrified children. It's just too terrible to imagine what they were going through.

What a sick, deranged f***. I hope they tortured him with a blow torch and a pair of pliers before they killed him.

Bob, I am so sorry. Having something like this hit so close to home, I can't even imagine.

You resisted nothing. And you showed that you don't have a God damned clue what you're talking about when you reference something as useless as an assault weapons ban. What makes an assault weapon? Scary black polymer? Because that's about that separates it from your standard hunting rifle. Educate yourself, clown.
Please... Let us have more of that Dinner Jacket Party mood. Show mutual respect - everybody, that is.
And as for politics - as said, not here.

Sorry, but people need to observe the rules and this wouldn't be a problem. You call me out only because you disagree with my opinion.

Thank you. Having a discussion on gun control will only turn into an argument.
We all know what will be said on both sides of the issue. We have all heard the arguments before.
Us having an argument over gun control will be of no help to support people who are upset by this event.

This incident sickens me.

That was very close to home for you Bob. Scary stuff.

Lanza's death by his own hand will prove to be an injustice to the survivors and families of those murdered. I wonder if this sentiment could be felt any more deeply than by the survivors and families of those killed in Aurora, CO.

I cried thinking about those innocent children.

I was in a bank a few years ago when it was robbed by three men. They screamed the whole time how they were going to kill everyone. I'll never forget laying on the floor, face down and the feeling of dread because I was pretty sure that my life was going to end.

My 22 year old daughter is a school teacher in Wallingford, CT. not too far away from Newtown. She's pretty freaked out.

Hug your kids everyone and tell them you love them.

Last edited:

Thank you. Having a discussion on gun control will only turn into an argument.
We all know what will be said on both sides of the issue. We have all heard the arguments before.
Us having an argument over gun control will be of no help to support people who are upset by this event.

I apologize for bringing it up, Bob, but its just so gut wrenching to see what happened and not draw any lessons from it. Of course you are the closest to this tragedy here, and you are right, this isnt the time or the place.

I pray for the parents of these children.

I did. Out of respect for Bob here. And for the forum rules.

Kinda difficult to mot mention the word assault rifle in this thread, specially when there were 20 little kids at the other end of it. Theres a white elephant in this room, folks. Over & out. Merry Christmas, Agent Orange 27.

I would just like to clarify. There was no assault riffle used ,it was left in the car, Just being in the car does not make it guilty by association.
Could we please save these discussions for another forum? This is a heated issue because it it a terrible thing that happened and most of us do not think so well when you add blind rage. Cant we just have a moment of compassion for those who were affected by this unimaginable event?
So sorry to hear Bob that you had to go through that and it happened in your home town.

So sorry to hear Bob that you had to go through that and it happened in your home town.
Newtown is not my hometown. I currently live 15 miles away. I have worked in Newtown in a service business for over 30 years. I also play in a local Jazz band that is based in Newtown. I play at many town functions and fundraisers throughout the year. I also play at several nightclubs in the town. I know thousands of people who live in the town including several of the families who suffered loss.

Bob,

So very, very sorry to hear of this tragedy. Our prayers are with the families, you and your beautiful home town. We can't begin to fathom what everyone is going through at this moment. Just know that you all are in our hearts and prayers through this extremely difficult time.

Firstly ,my heart goes out to the families of all the victims of this surreal and heinous act.I especially feel for the families of the murdered children.Having lost a son not long ago,I cannot completely describe the sorrow and grief that they must be feeling today,and will continue to feel for sometime after.

My heart also goes out to Bob.Being so close to this tragety ,must feel like a waking,living nightmare.

So many lives destroyed for no reason.But lets leave the politics out of this for now,and let cooler heads prevail.History teaches us that decisions made in anger,are usually frought with tragic consequences.

After the bombing of Pearl Harbor in Dec.of 1941,the constitutional rights of all US Japanese CITIZENS were suspended without due course,and they were placed in "Internment camps" for the duration of the war.Their property seized,and sold.They were forced to live under deplorable conditions.They were citizens,mostly American born.

We need to do what we must to make sure things like this never happen again.But lets get ALL the facts,and recognize that nothing good usually comes of a knee jerk reaction.

Again,I know how losing,and nearly losing loved ones feels,and I feel their anguish.

Steve B

Someone who is in the military said this today.
"Why am I in Afghanistan when freaks are shooting up elementary schools in my home state?"
I thought that it was a good question.

I am also in CT but farther away- still the news hits close to home as everyone knows someone who knows someone who was directly affected.

If I were the praying type, this would be the high season. Unimaginable, senseless damage to the lives of so many. My heart is heavy and its hard not to shed a tear thinking of those children.

Support for the families of the victims is paramount- we are doing what we can. I wish the media would donate or raise funds or something rather than put these people under a microcscope as always happens. Some coverage is good, but one news crew could do it- not 100.

We have lightly expllained this to our childen because as news spreads that this happened and it was in a school in CT, we are bracing for possible fears/concerns from our 5/8 year old kids. So our focus, and I dont think this is a local issue at all, is on our children and making sure they can continue their lives as usual.

I heard a statistic that this is the 41st school shooting since Columbine. 41 and counting. I nearly fell over when I heard that. If someone wants to kill, the instrument of death can be many different things. I don't know how any law can prevent someone who wants to kill from doing so. How do we eliminate this desire to kill?

What changed in society since I was a kid? This just didn't happen when I was youngster. My wife thinks it psycotropic drugs that are prescribed for kids. I don't know so I won't comment. Seeing the pics of those kids, and indeed just thinking about it...their poor families especially..the tears just flow out. :(

I just don't know what can be done. Games for kids have unspeakable violence. Perhaps they should make video games where if you kill someone, unspeakable bad things happen to the killers. They are reinforcing the wrong message. That's just one little thing out of hundreds of factors that result in this.

The unfortunate reality is this;
If someone has their mind set to violence they will find a way to perpetrate it.
These tragic events are well planned in advance.
These crimes are executed with precision.
The element of surprise, the ability to strike without notice is what allows these tragedies to occur.
The M.O. is basically the same every time.
These people are on a suicide mission. Shooters, car bombers, they all share the same M.O.

Last edited:

Another facebook report... Morgan Freeman made a great point saying that those shooters have one main goal: immortality - and media coverage and the need for sensation is helping greatly. So as the media world isn't going to change any bit those lusting for media immortality aren't going to change either. Sad but... some people consider doing extreme things is an appropriate means to 'get there' - at literally any cost.

The media exploits events like this for their own goals.
I really don't need to see interviews with family members of the victims.
They have begun to do that. They interviewed the family of one of the teachers.
I hope that they leave after the Presidents visit today.

Can't put to words how sorry I am for all those affected by this tragedy. It's a sad thing to see where we are heading as a country? This in my opinion is just a small piece of the whole picture. The older members may be able to relate, growing up in the 60's and 70's we had our issues but there was also a feeling that things will be alright. I feel bad for the kids these days growing up in this county. I think our leaders have let us all down for their own personal greed. It's not about whats best for the country anymore, it's about whats best for me and how can I get more.

Back