Aquarian Kick Pads

I've decided to purchase an Aquarian Super Kick II head for my 20" bass drum, and I would like it to last a long time, so am considering a kick pad. I thought I would overhaul my whole bass drum with Aquarian products, so have been thinking about the Aquarian Kick Pads, or Super-Thin Kick Pads. What kind of effect do these have on the sound of the bass drum? I would rather it not affect the sound too much, but could do with the durability. Thanks for any opinions! :)

I've decided to purchase an Aquarian Super Kick II head for my 20" bass drum, and I would like it to last a long time, so am considering a kick pad. I thought I would overhaul my whole bass drum with Aquarian products, so have been thinking about the Aquarian Kick Pads, or Super-Thin Kick Pads. What kind of effect do these have on the sound of the bass drum? I would rather it not affect the sound too much, but could do with the durability. Thanks for any opinions! :)

What kind of beater are you using? I used to use the Aquarian kick pad, but am now using the Super-thin pads. I use the flat plastic side of a DW beater. If you use a wood beater, I would go with the regular kick pad. As far as affecting the sound, I like the thinner one better, but they both work well.

What kind of beater are you using? I used to use the Aquarian kick pad, but am now using the Super-thin pads. I use the flat plastic side of a DW beater. If you use a wood beater, I would go with the regular kick pad. As far as affecting the sound, I like the thinner one better, but they both work well.
I am using the felt side of the double sided beater on my Pearl P902 pedals. Is the difference in sound noticeable (eg. clicky)? And if you can remember, what is the difference between the standard Kick Pad and the Super-Thin? Thanks for your help! :)

the super thin pad is paper thin. It doesn't change the sound hardly at all, it really just prevents splitting the head. The regular one is probably 3 times thicker, although it's still not as clicky as the Remo ones. These patches are made with a softer material than the kevlar ones, so they tend to have a rounder sound. With a 2 ply head the thin ones work really well, as you don't need as much durability with the thicker head. Just don't use a cylindrical beater with them, as those beaters have a small area that digs into the head, and tend to wear through patches quickly. The regular 2 side beaters don't have any issues. That Pearl beater is my favorite BTW.

This is my first post on Drummerworld and I need some help: I just bought the Aquarian Super-Thin Kickpad (double) and I was wondering how to apply it to my bass drum head. As far as I can tell, there's no coating to peel off or anything. Any advice?

I use the sk1 head with ported regulator front and always used the regular kick patch then this last time I went with the super thin one and really cant tell any difference in the sound but I didnt really find the original one changed the sound much either.

This is my first post on Drummerworld and I need some help: I just bought the Aquarian Super-Thin Kickpad (double) and I was wondering how to apply it to my bass drum head. As far as I can tell, there's no coating to peel off or anything. Any advice?

Yeh there is a backing you need to peel off then stick it in place. I have a double pedal and use the double patch.Once the backing is peeled off I hold it like a half pipe from each end and center it it up against the beaters, slowly step on the pedals to push it against the head to get it in the perfect position then smoothly roll it out from where it touched the head. Hope that helps.

I am using the felt side of the double sided beater on my Pearl P902 pedals. Is the difference in sound noticeable (eg. clicky)? And if you can remember, what is the difference between the standard Kick Pad and the Super-Thin? Thanks for your help! :)

Aquarian kick pads playing surface is kinda rough, felt beaters will wear out faster compared to remo's falams or Evans clear patches. I just took a double kickpad off my bassdrum. It will make the head last longer but if I have to buy new beaters because of that it's not worth it.

Aquarian kick pads playing surface is kinda rough, felt beaters will wear out faster compared to remo's falams or Evans clear patches. I just took a double kickpad off my bassdrum. It will make the head last longer but if I have to buy new beaters because of that it's not worth it.

The Aquarian kick pads I have used are not rough at all and have been using the same felt beaters that came with my pedal over 10 years ago.

The Aquarians are my favorite bass drum pads, but I do not see them too often where I shop. Peace and goodwill.

Back