Backline Drums, What is behind the scene

Really interesting, thanks for posting, I was a little bit aware of how backline works through the endorsement thread that has been running recently on DW, what I did not appreciate was how many permutations, colour, size, heads, hardware these backline companies have to provide, and maintain.

Thanks for posting this Bob.

That was really informative. I used to keep track of this drummer using 'that' kit one place, then another kit somewhere else, and so on, and now I see they are mostly using backlined gear.

Im glad that you all enjoyed the info.
Gibraltar has some really good videos up.
I found most of them interesting.

Great video and insight into the business side of things and how an area that often goes completely un-noticed by most of us that aren't in the touring side of music operates.

moreso a general statement of how fearful many are of their kits whilst seemingly oblivious to the fact that we hit the bloody things with a stick to begin with.

Agree with 100% on how some players are really fearful of their kits. A perfect example was at the studio my band rehearses at, they have a house kit, so we all can use for practice. Now admittantly i do hit somewhat hard, but i was told to not hit the drums and cymbals that hard because i was leaving stick marks on the heads and the cymbals. My god people our instrument requires us to hit them with sticks! Some players need to just chill out and i know that all of us would never purposely go and break ones kit. People just needto step back and realize that our instrument requires to be hit so that they can produce an awesome sound that makes us all unique...

Back