Are you ashamed of what someone might find on your playlist?

Besides nena 99 luffballons and ICP riddle box I think I'm good.

By the way there ain't nothing wrong with a little abba.

Maybe if I was back in high school. Now I listen to anything from death/black metal to Depeche Mode, Marty Robbins or Popol Vuh.

If the music resonates with me then I will most likely listen to it, whatever form it might take.

I never really understood all the hate for Nickelback. Myself I am not a fan nor a hater. Sometimes I think that the hate towards them comes out of jealousy. Sure, the lyrics are juvenile and stupid but how many other bands could you say that about?

Their performance at this years Grey Cup (canadian version of superbowl) was incredibly tight.

I never really understood all the hate for Nickelback. Myself I am not a fan nor a hater. Sometimes I think that the hate towards them comes out of jealousy. Sure, the lyrics are juvenile and stupid but how many other bands could you say that about?

Good point. I never got that either - they're commercial, but they're good pro players and I'd much rather them than the all-dancing autotune plastic pop bimbos and himbos.

+1 on Nickelback.

Considering that they ARE quite commercial I find their music quite enjoyable, with some really good stuff every now and then. Also I think that Chad Kroeger has a voice many peeps are simply envious of. The envy might also relate to their success or the hi-end gear they play/can afford. (Hmm... I have a PRS guitar and Mesa/Boogie amp, too ;-) But just 1 each, not hundreds, haha.)

Their performance at this years Grey Cup (canadian version of superbowl) was incredibly tight.

I'm a fan. Saw them live on the For All The Right Reasons tour, and they're one of the most killer live acts I've ever seen. Also, Daniel Adair is one hell of a drummer.

They got a lot of hate early on, and then it just became cool to bash them. Like you said, they don't have a lot of depth, but that applies to thousands of bands. They've never claimed to be about anything other than having a good time and making sure their audience does as well.

Back