Are you ashamed of what someone might find on your playlist?

??

Let Me Now Offer Prog

Let Me Nibble Old Peanuts

Live Music Now Obsolete - Pah!

??

let me now obsess, Polly.

: )

if i knew that Twenty character trick that you guys won't let me in on, i could get back to obsessing over how to get a set of Paiste Twenty's.

I like quite a few bands that are generally extremely frowned upon by musicians or music nerds, such as Nickelback, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and John Mayer. No shame here.

Not really.

I do have music that I put on to make annoying guests exit promptly. Air supply comes to mind.

I literally don't like it, I can't stand it, and hope the annoying "guest" hates it!

Anything that might closely compare might be Billy Joel. He isn't terrible, and some songs are really good as far as the melody. But compare to Emperor, Melvins, Portishead, Slayer, ISIS, Gangstarr and Atmosphere he seems out of place.

The song "Tiny Dancer," perpetually makes me hum the melody, but I don't own it or have it on my computer or in cd form.

A good melody is a good melody.

"Pianoman" is a well written song.

So is "Sworn" of "IX Equilibrium," but that's another story.

Polly:

Rush, first three Yes albums, In the court of the Crimson King, all good prog.

Any Dream Theater ballad... I don't even like them, I'm just too lazy to go through my collection and selectively delete them.

I do have music that I put on to make annoying guests exit promptly. Air supply comes to mind.

I literally don't like it, I can't stand it, and hope the annoying "guest" hates it!

lol - nice strategy

Polly:

Rush, first three Yes albums, In the court of the Crimson King, all good prog.

And these would be considered embarrassments in some circles. A woman I worked with some years ago disparagingly referred to Jethro Tull as "boy music".

I was way back in the day, when I was playing Hendrix covers on saturday nights and then went out dancing with my girlfriend to the tunes of Abba, Barry White, Donna Summer, and the BeeGees...

Now I wear my eclecticism like a technicolor robe, with pride, and sneer, scoff and generally look down upon musical snobs and other such people with one dimensional tastes.

PS- If I ever catch myself tapping my foot to Barry Manilow's Copa Cabana, I tend to slap myself about the face and mouth.

PPS- Is it just me or has Hillary gotten a little chubbier lately....

Last edited:
Okay I'll admit it... I always turn up the radio and sing along to KC and the Sunshine Band. I actually saw them in concert about 10 years ago and they were really good...the guy puts on a helluva show! I'm not eexactly ashamed of it but it's probably not the first thing I'd say was on my iPod if asked.

Back