Trying to get a wide variety of sounds

Emmaticus00

So right now I'm running Regular Hydraulics over Level 360 G1's. So the heads I've bought so far ever are the G1's and Remo Coated Emperors. However, I want to have a deep sound and if there's less attack and more tone implied with that them, I'm done. But I don't want my experience with my Coated Emperors to be like the Coated G2's. I hated the sound of 'em.
Basically, what are some good clear heads that potentionally could give a full, tone-ful, deep sound? (PS, I just made up a word)

Hate to tell you this, but Coated Emperors and Coated G2's are pretty much the same (coated double-ply 10 mil heads). If you didn't like the Coated G2 then you probably won't like the Emps. Coated heads always mean less attack.

You might have better luck with a clear G2 or Emperor, or if you like the look of a white coated head with the attack of a clear head then you might the Smooth White Emperor.

I've always come at it from a tuning stand point. As many here know, I try all kinds of heads and when I go to play, I always sound the same. I don't know what it is with me, but everybody seems to like my sound and nobody else seems to notice that there always made with different heads!

But what it sounds like to me that you're looking for?

Black dots.

They're clear, you can get a nice deep tone, but you get slightly less attack because of the dot. Put the black dot on top, and a clear ambassador as the bottom. And practice tuning - that whole "even tension" idea is valid, but no, you don't need silly products like the DrumDial to get it.

Listen to some Tony Williams and see if you like that sound. He used black dots top and bottom, and he sounded great.

Coated or Clear G14's?
Okay guys, it seems like I'm being too specific so I'll open up a little bit. If it has attack and a lot of tone its fine. I don't care if its black, smooth white, suede, or coated if it can a deep sound, its chill.

My local GC had a kit out recently fitted with Black Chromes on the toms.
The sound dynamics were clearly deep and defined.
Based on this, I put a BC 16" for my Sonor Safari bass drum-batter head and it did deepen up the sounds, more bass depth than stock. The BCs also tuned up fairly easily.

I think you'll like them.

Back