Yamaha DTxplorer compatibility

synergy

I just got hold of a used Yamaha DTxplorer and just had a couple of questions concerning forward and backward compatibilities.

I know over time things stop working etc so I wondered if the module dies on me would I be able to pick up a newer model module and would my original pads work ok?

and the flip side of that- if I have pad issues, will buying new pads work well with the older module?

I'm not looking to try to get 3zone triggering out a moduel that can only handle 1 etc- just want to know if Yamaha make their gear so that they can trigger or be triggered by newer equipment

thanks

The DTXplorer line has now been replaced. That said, some of the pads used on the newer lines can be used on them, while others can't. There should be a compatibility chart on Yamaha's website. Or just contact customer support if you want to be double sure.

- Reggae Mangle

You should be okay staying within the brand...the only new pads that may not trigger as well with your module would be the new TCS (textured cellular silicone) pads from Yamaha, and even they would probably work out ok if you increased the gain in your module....

thanks guys, I understand the Xplorer's brain is limited etc- wasnt thinking I could piece together a $3000 kit from a 5 year old brain etc...

Just wanted to see if anything goes wrong I could just buy new or if I would need to dive into ebay/cl etc to find misc parts

Thanks for the info- might have to contact Yamaha and get more detailed info from the 'horses mouth'

....I'm not looking to try to get 3zone triggering out a moduel that can only handle 1 etc- just want to know if Yamaha make their gear so that they can trigger or be triggered by newer equipment...

I think that's probably the biggest issue - the number of triggers some inputs will accept, and the number of triggered zones on a pad.

Back