Senri Kawaguchi

Re: Senri Kawaguchi (13 years old....)

Twenty posts since 6:00 yesterday! She certainly got your attention.

Kids got major chops....I also note that she looks just as comfortable behind a jazz kit as well as a 7 pc....shes wonderful to watch, and man, I could certainly take a few lessons from her.....she has style.

F

Drum machines, be Damned, Ladies and gentelmen boys and girls,no more excuses GET BUSY!!

I think I am in love... just kidding... or am I?

This makes me want to cry. This girl's drumming is just amazing for her age, i just can't believe what she will become as she ages.

I think I am in love... just kidding... or am I?

This makes me want to cry. This girl's drumming is just amazing for her age, i just can't believe what she will become as she ages.

Dude, she's thirteen..

I wonder if there is some pushy parenting behind this. If not, then maybe she will become awesome as she gets older and more mature.
Too often do I see parents living through their kids,
making them practice day in and day out. Not only in music, but sports and even in beauty pageants.
Many of these "wonder-kids" dont make it big, they get bored, since they get no time with friends etc. Only yesterday I read about a chinese girl being forced to practice her piano, while the instructor stuck needles in her fingers when she played wrong. She almost quit, but she remembered how much she loved her instrument and kept playing. She's pretty big in the classical scene today.
I may sound a bit jealous, but it's a shame to see so much talent go down the drain, because some parent had a boring life and want their kid to be the next buddy rich.

Dude, she's thirteen..

I wonder if there is some pushy parenting behind this. If not, then maybe she will become awesome as she gets older and more mature.
Too often do I see parents living through their kids,
making them practice day in and day out. Not only in music, but sports and even in beauty pageants.
Many of these "wonder-kids" dont make it big, they get bored, since they get no time with friends etc. Only yesterday I read about a chinese girl being forced to practice her piano, while the instructor stuck needles in her fingers when she played wrong. She almost quit, but she remembered how much she loved her instrument and kept playing. She's pretty big in the classical scene today.
I may sound a bit jealous, but it's a shame to see so much talent go down the drain, because some parent had a boring life and want their kid to be the next buddy rich.

You know i am completely kidding right? BTW i'm just 3 years older so its not THAT bad... but in all seriousness, don't take me seriously!

I think this girls having too much damn fun for me to think she is a forced prodigy. No doubt her parents pushed all they could out of her, but its not like she is suffering.

Re: i hate to do this....

She's great! Great drumming, period.

I didn't want to make a sexist comment, but I think I like her musicality better than Hannah Ford's.....ok....someone can flame me now...

That upload showed a musical maturity I'm sure at least I don't show!

Seconded. She's actually got the chops, talent and feel to back up the hype behind her.

WOW-- She has amazing talent and she looks like she's having a complete blast!!!!

[SIZE="-6"]Terrible song though [/SIZE]

like.jpg

Here's an older clip of Senri...her play when she was 12 y/o (the age when she started to cover K-ON! stuff), playing with a Japanese fusion band Fragile. Her teacher Kozo Suganuma is playing percussions behind the guitar player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEUdDZw-B7o

P.S. The final episode of K-ON! anime season 2 was just aired last night in Japan

not sure why im posting this, but i just noticed she's using a floor tom as a throne. i wonder which is the most comfortable drum head ......

New clip was just uploaded...she's playing another tune from K-On! anime.
Her play is outstanding, and also I just couldn't stop smiling when watching the frog :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CdOxI6Typc

I just watched that video myself, I'm subscribed to her. The playing is killer of course, but man does that music get on my nerves! Haha :D

She's good for her age, and she definitely enjoys playing, but what she's playing isn't that hard.

She definitely has potential tho

Back