Drum Badges: Should there be any: Good, bad ugly, post your pics.

DSC01987.JPG

I never understood why, after John Good talking all that drum shell hype, suspension mounts and high quality, they have no problem placing thier badges on by ramming screws into the shell.

The Ludwig Centennial badge. I think it's too big and too busy. I took them off the toms because they just ruined the look of the drums. I don't know why companies who have enormous brand recognition "such as Ludwig" would mess with success. These are excellent drums BTW.

logo.jpg
I agree the Centennial badge's are awful looking. Ludwig takes a beautiful drum like that & messes it up with a tacky badge.

If I ever got a set of Centennial's I also would take the badge's off ASAP I like too see the shell not the badge.

Keep swattin,
Bonzolead

I never understood why, after John Good talking all that drum shell hype, suspension mounts and high quality, they have no problem placing thier badges on by ramming screws into the shell.
I agree! On my pdps the screws go clean through the shell and are secured with nuts on the inside!

Here's one I haven't seen in this thread yet. :)

This is my practice pad holder.

Drum sounds great, but the badge is UG-LY!!!
2-6-11009.jpg

I think it might even be crooked too. LOL

The Ludwig Centennial badge. I think it's too big and too busy. I took them off the toms because they just ruined the look of the drums. I don't know why companies who have enormous brand recognition "such as Ludwig" would mess with success. These are excellent drums BTW.

logo.jpg

The background on this badge is nice, but the font they used, and the way it's done looks like a (middle of the class) first year art student did it IMO.
Could have been done MUCH better, even with the same font.
C overall, D for font application.

Fibes logo looks nice. I don't mind the Ludwig Keystone on my drums at all because they are small-ish.

Yamaha's RC badge is nice.

I love that Black Label badge with the wings...You get an "A" Phattie for that one (Black Glass Glitter?).

I LOVE Jim-G's drums finish. That logo looks better than the big square Pearl uses.

Joyful Noise has a nice touch with the feather. Is there anything else on their stuff?

I like the "if you know, you know" on some drums.

Dunnett has his cut-out script, and it's nice on his stuff.

Trixon was cool, and those drums looked futuristic and weird.

Sonor's circle looks nice, and the double mallet looks cool on the higher end stuff, but it's kinda big.

Drum sounds great, but the badge is UG-LY!!!
2-6-11009.jpg

I think that badge actually looks nice. It's understated and symmetrical unlike the Centennials or John Blackwell ones.

EDIT: of course, now that I look at it, it does appear to be slightly crooked. ):

Last edited:
Today I bought a Peace Hand Hammered Steel snare and I think they did a good job with this one. The whole thing just looks great, including of course, the badge.

UUU-SD-316.jpg

No other markings. They have an option, for an extra cost, to have joyful noise engraved on a hoop.

(this one isn't mine, from google)
l_a933ff05b9df44a4de3f49100a07aad8.jpg

I want one so bad now. Does it sound as great as it looks?

I want one so bad now. Does it sound as great as it looks?

No experience with any of the wood offerings; I only own the brass one I first pictured. I also have a bronze one on order, which should be completed fairly soon.

Sounds great, very reminiscent of a ludwig black beauty. Very loud and "alive" sounding.

I don't like the badge on Tama's new Silverstars, however I love the ones on the Superstars and the Starclassic Performers.

Script logo's have always done it for me Love ronn Dunnetts

Attachments

• dunett_badge.jpg
    dunett_badge.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3,438
Back