Whats the most focused snare head?

drums32

what is the most focused snare head, i have a maple snare with a stock head with a moongel and i want to take that moongel off and put the most focused head money can buy on it, i hate ring.

how are those ec reverse dot snare heads?

I really like Aquarian's snare heads. Their Aquarian Focus-X is a good choice. It's a single-ply head with a muffling ring inside.

If the same rules apply to these heads as tom heads, then the Emperor X would be more focused than the Focus-X.

That being said, a helluva lot of people (but not all) have gotten Emp-X's and not been able to tune them all too effectively at all. LeeLovesSabian is obviously not a part of this group.

I think that you should go for the Focus-X because it's the single ply, and I can't really think of a good, not EQ'd two ply snare head that I have actually heard myself.

If the same rules apply to these heads as tom heads, then the Emperor X would be more focused than the Focus-X.

That being said, a helluva lot of people (but not all) have gotten Emp-X's and not been able to tune them all too effectively at all. LeeLovesSabian is obviously not a part of this group.

I think that you should go for the Focus-X because it's the single ply, and I can't really think of a good, not EQ'd two ply snare head that I have actually heard myself.

I'll admit that I had a liitle difficulty tuning it at first. For some reason, it was really loud and obnoxious, if that makes any sense at all.
But I got used to hitting it in the center, and how tight to tune it in correspondance with the resonance head.
Now I love it.

Back