AAX Stage Crash 16"
AAX Stage Ride 20"
ZXT Thin Crash 14"
ZHT China 18"

gretsch 1.jpg

gretsch 2.jpg

gretsch 3.jpg

congrats! you have a really nice set ,

by the way, what kind of clamp are you using for your smaller splash?

Very nice! I reccommended one of these for a friend of mine and helped him assemble it. I was pleasantly surprised how good it sounded right out of the box with stock heads. It took very little time to tune up. Great Kit! You will enjoy them!!

yeh they sound gre(tsch)at already :D
lol what a good joke :)

only thing is is that the heads seemed to get marked pretty quickly^

Very nice. welcome to the Gretsch Family.
Thanks, ill be sticking around for a while :)

Gotta love that Great Gretsch Sound!
yeh its so sweet :)

congrats! you have a really nice set ,

by the way, what kind of clamp are you using for your smaller splash?

thanks,

its a clamp with a boom arm
its made by Peace
although there not the best or wellknown brand of hardware makes i have quite a few boom stands of theirs and they are all extremely sturdy :)

cant remember the exact site i bought it from as it was a few years back that i bought it, sorry

Very very nice. Something about a natural colored Gretsch... It just exudes class.

You've dealt well mate. I recently aquired the same kit (red sparkle lacquer.....very cool looking finish). I was initially worried about an Asian made Gretsch......until I played them. What a pleasant surprise. Their high end gear must be awesome because these sound better than most of the kits I've owned. Excellent drums for the price.

Enjoy 'em!

Nice kit!! and most of all: Nice cymbals!!!
I have the same kit, and how do you like the 14" floortom?? I have a Remo Emperor on top, and I can't get as much tone out of it as the other toms.

Btw, what kind of pedal is that, DW4000 or 7000??

Bram

I agree - it just floors me that you can buy these drums at the price they're going for!
First rate I have to say.......way to go Gretsch!

The Chinese Renown (mine were made in the Taiwan plant 2007) Purewoods are something to behold and at 1/4 the price of a USA Custom kit I might add. I was going to buy the Custom kit, but changed my mind when I saw these babies - never regretted it.

The Red Sparkle Lacquer is stunning - and the natural finish Cats are beauties.

Well done guys!

You've dealt well mate. I recently aquired the same kit (red sparkle lacquer.....very cool looking finish). I was initially worried about an Asian made Gretsch......until I played them. What a pleasant surprise. Their high end gear must be awesome because these sound better than most of the kits I've owned. Excellent drums for the price.

Enjoy 'em!

how do you like the 14" floortom?? I have a Remo Emperor on top, and I can't get as much tone out of it as the other toms.

The rubber stoppers on the floor tom legs are way too small. Not nearly enough isolation from the floor IMO. It's the only obvious flaw with the kit that I've found. Surely Gretsch could rectify this and charge $5 more for the kit to cover decent rubbers?!?! Such a simple solution to a small problem. Swap them out for a larger type or get some Pearl suspension feet.......I did and it makes the world of difference. I'm also using emps on the batters and the things sing after the swap.

The rubber stoppers on the floor tom legs are way too small. Not nearly enough isolation from the floor IMO. It's the only obvious flaw with the kit that I've found. Surely Gretsch could rectify this and charge $5 more for the kit to cover decent rubbers?!?! Such a simple solution to a small problem. Swap them out for a larger type or get some Pearl suspension feet.......I did and it makes the world of difference. I'm also using emps on the batters and the things sing after the swap.

thanks, I will see if I can get them at the shop I buy almost all of my stuff.

Bram

Back