My Trick Aluminum kit

Very nice my friend. Great set, great cymbals and hardware, and plenty of room to operate. The doctor is in.

It's my new "home office" as you can probably tell from another thread, the imac table is off to the left of the kit.

Well, well, well. You were "Trkdrmr" long before you were "Trkpctr". So it's nice to have proof. That looks awesome. Massive setup when you want it, with plenty of versatility for smaller setups. Now you can properly treat any left over aggression from combat with some "rhythmic therapy."

BTW How do you like the Gibraltar UA hi-hat?

Well, well, well. You were "Trkdrmr" long before you were "Trkpctr". So it's nice to have proof. That looks awesome. Massive setup when you want it, with plenty of versatility for smaller setups. Now you can properly treat any left over aggression from combat with some "rhythmic therapy."

BTW How do you like the Gibraltar UA hi-hat?

Yep.. my philosophy is...I can always use "less" when I want to. The UA is the single greatest thing to happen to the hihat since they took it off the floor as a sock cymbal. I suppose a remote hat/cable may work, but this is awesome at 1/2 the cost.

I can put the hats precisely where I want to at any angle. They are insanely comfortable to play. It totally frees you up from hat positioning and floor clutter.

I read how people hate odd tom angles. My pet peeve has been getting the hat comfortable in a bigger kit. The UA does the...err.. trick.

Well, I'm glad you dig it. I used one for a while and just wasn't all that happy. As far as the positioning capability: 10 out of 10. As far as feel of the action: 6 out of 10. I couldn;t manage to get my bottom hat flat either. Just a personal preference I'm sure. Again, glad you are liking yours.

As far as feel of the action: 6 out of 10. I couldn;t manage to get my bottom hat flat either. Just a personal preference I'm sure. Again, glad you are liking yours.

It does feel like any remote cable hat. My hats are slightly angled toward me.

My favorite "action" would be the tama lever glide direct pull and hat stands built like that. I beelined for the gibraltar because I was tired of clutter in small spaces.

And I might be anticipating a second kick one day....

Is your snare really that far away from the toms or does it just look that way?

Actually the snare is almost under the 8" tom.

BTW: I just snagged a 22" 2002 heavy ride off ebay for $175.

Finally! Happy homecoming.. That's a lot of goodies. Didn't think I'd like metal but these babies look hot. What throne did you get? Because that's really home, right?

Great looking kit! The thing I like about Trick is that they really do think outside of the box.

I've been using their throw offs and pedal for a while now and their products are fantastic.

After the success of the Supra and other aluminum drums it makes sense to build an entire kit from aluminum.

Again, great looking kit! Some sound clips would be great if possible. Enjoy!

Finally! Happy homecoming.. That's a lot of goodies. Didn't think I'd like metal but these babies look hot. What throne did you get? Because that's really home, right?

I have the roc n soc nitro... it's cool

I know traditionalists like to see some kind of wood finish...these can't offer that.

I know you have been around, maybe even played stainless steel drums. These are between bubinga and steel. They don't sound metallic, it's very warm, and sounds like a powerful wood kit. The tone and decay are like a nice Paiste cymbal: even, and smooth. And they are not dry or "metallic."

If I had these made in midnight blue, people would ask "What wood is that made of?" (This has happened to other trick owners.)

I wanted a conservative finish that didn't hide the metal.

Great looking kit! The thing I like about Trick is that they really do think outside of the box.

I've been using their throw offs and pedal for a while now and their products are fantastic.

After the success of the Supra and other aluminum drums it makes sense to build an entire kit from aluminum.

Again, great looking kit! Some sound clips would be great if possible. Enjoy!

I appreciate all the feedback. I will have to assemble some passable recording. Personally, I find it a PITA to play for other drummers. There will always be some glaring issue that no one else would notice except me, and other drummers.

As soon as I can better articulate garage band and bend it to my will to do my bidding...I'll have something.

The more I see it then more I like it. Its very close to being my favorite 'big kit' on the forum. Enjoy it. You deserve to.

THOSE ARE THE COOLEST BEATERS I'VE EVER SEEN!

I just called Trick (had to, price isn't on their site). They are available from the Trick site for $25 per beater.

I didn't know the GS007 had multi-stops, either. Dang it. I would have bought that instead of the one I did buy last time I needed one.

Awesome-looking kit, man. Too METAL for words.

Back