Replace cone in a TD20 or TD30 mesh drum

beyondbetrayal

Platinum Member
I just replaced a cone in my PD125X snare drum and figured I'd videotape it for those nervous about taking their drums apart. It was pretty easy and only takes 10 - 15 minutes or so to do... Maybe a few more if your slow or take your time.

I have to say for under $10 from Roland it did a good job of making my hot spot much less noticeable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyLp3Da60uw

Last edited:
Wow...talk about timing..

I was asking the guy at GC if anyone made a rebuild kit for Roland pads that had replacement foam cones (my original PD-80 pad cones on my TD-8 are breaking down). He looked at me and said..."well that's why they replaced them with mesh heads." Ok...yea...hmmm...have a nice night...

Anyway THANKS man!

Oh-by the way, do you have a link to where you purchased the replacement cone? I've searched Roland and found nothing in the way of parts...

Last edited:
I was going to use quartz,,,,,, I just sent an email to Roland. Get ahold of their parts or service department. They will send you that in an email if you ask.

$5 from quartz,,,,,, $8 from Roland........ its pretty close so I figured Id use OEM and not risk it. I'm sure they are the same though. What's an extra $15 to fix an Ekit worth a few g's. hahaha.

either way. they exist. because they use them in the td30.

good luck!

I'm in Canada so I emailed Roland and got the CANADIAN parts department.... It wont help you I'm guessing.

sometimes I feel like the Yamaha pads would be nice to get..... even for just a snare

Back