New Android Metronome, free (for now)

Re: Audio Visual Metronome, Released!

Just popping in here to let you guys know "Audio Visual Metronome" has just had quite a serious update, you can now save and load presets (3 in free version).

Pro version will get an update within the week.

I feel the app is now getting mature, quite stable now although I did just have to make a change recently, so please go and grab the latest version, let me know what you think, and any suggestions are welcome, as you can see from this thread I try to listen to my users :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nz.co.ma.visualmetronome

@marko138 Why do you need it to be shifted to the SD card?

@iontheable I'm glade you appreciate the app, a 5 star review on android is all that's needed to show your support, the reviews directly effect downloads and since I'm a new developer on android and there's been a few bumps along the road my app rating could definitely improve. The audio is already at the max, do you use it with headphones? I'm interested to know how you use it. I'll keep louder audio in mind, maybe in the future I'll stumble upon something.

Storage space issue on my phone. More room on the SD. But to be honest I uninstalled it for that reason and a couple others.

@marko138, Could you please let me know the reasons for your uninstall? and also what phone you were running it on, this will help me improve the product. Thanks.

I imagine there might be some software which could move the program to the SD card?

I haven't tried it yet, want to, but wanted to ask a question first before doing so:

Does it have the ability to automatically increase/decrease tempo on a sliding scale?

I have more e-Metronomes than I can shake a stick at and only one did that for me but I have no idea what I did with it. :(

Seems like a wonderful tool for speed exercises on the pad and that old one worked well for that while I had it.

I'd gladly pay for a good replacement. Is that crazy talk?

Hi thintheherd, to adjust the tempo you slide the knob around on the dial, its not a linear slide but a circular one, not sure if its exactly what you are after. you can also check out the video on the market page to see how it works, I hope its suitable for you.

Hi thintheherd, to adjust the tempo you slide the knob around on the dial, its not a linear slide but a circular one, not sure if its exactly what you are after. you can also check out the video on the market page to see how it works, I hope its suitable for you.

Actually, I was hoping for an automatic bpm increase function.

Imagine working a rudiment to a beat that very slowly increases in speed so you don't have to stop playing to increase the bpm.

May not be a very popular feature but it was the only way I kept any interest in even practicing rudiments. It also helped me understand, from a skill and endurance perspective, how much faster I was getting at each.

I know speed is not the loftiest of goals but when you're an old guy playing stuff that exceeds your physical limits, you tend to look for ways to well, extend your limit :)

@marko138, Could you please let me know the reasons for your uninstall? and also what phone you were running it on, this will help me improve the product. Thanks.

I imagine there might be some software which could move the program to the SD card?

I have the HTC Evo. It's only got 500mb of internal storage so I have to be able to move apps to the SD card.

I use Mobile Metronome right now, which I like. Your app seemed more difficult to use. The interface wasn't very smooth to me. Every time I opened the app it defaulted to a weird time signiture and tempo. The Mobile Metronome will open to whatever time and tempo I have previously used. Those are the main reasons I uninstalled.

I hope that helps! I don't mean any disrespect, just didn't like the app.

I usually use Mobile Metronome free on my Droid Razr MAXX (Ice Cream Sandwich) but I'll give this one a shot in my lessons this afternoon, see how it goes. You seem to be super willing to work with those having problems, I appreciate seeing that!

Re: New Android Metronome

@thintheherd Hey now I understand what you are wanting, I like the idea! I'm a intermediate drummer and for practising rudiments that feature could be really handy. Watch this space, I think I will add it in a update soon.

@Marko138 Wow seems like everyone is using mobile metronome, Have you updated to the latest version? I made some changes to make it smoother on lesser devices, It runs fine on my friends 1ghz single core htc one. If your running the latest version I'm sorry I don't think I can make it smoother. But I will make a change which will load the app with the last settings you were using, the new version also has 3 presets which you can load in your favourite settings.
Hey don't worry you didn't offend me, I need to hear from the people who are removing it rather than the people who love it, so I appreciate your feedback.

@Andrewski thanks man, I hope it goes well for you.

@thintheherd Hey now I understand what you are wanting, I like the idea! I'm a intermediate drummer and for practising rudiments that feature could be really handy. Watch this space, I think I will add it in a update soon.

@Marko138 Wow seems like everyone is using mobile metronome, Have you updated to the latest version? I made some changes to make it smoother on lesser devices, It runs fine on my friends 1ghz single core htc one. If your running the latest version I'm sorry I don't think I can make it smoother. But I will make a change which will load the app with the last settings you were using, the new version also has 3 presets which you can load in your favourite settings.
Hey don't worry you didn't offend me, I need to hear from the people who are removing it rather than the people who love it, so I appreciate your feedback.

@Andrewski thanks man, I hope it goes well for you.

I haven't tried the new version. You seem like a good guy and someone who is genuinely trying to improve the product so I will download the newest version and try it!

Awesome!

I'm subscribed and will definitely be watching. Think I said it before, but for the right metronome I'd be happy to donate to the cause for your trouble, so you know :)

@marko138 I've made some changes in the latest version (1.42) which you should like

1. The application loads with last settings you were last using.

2. You can now move the application to the SD card!

Enjoy!

@thintheherd I'll work on your feature next but I think it might take a while.

Just tried this out. It was better than the old one I used (Zymi) for the simple matter than I can turn the screen off on my phone and the metronome won't stop. It looks better too. I am sure there will be a bunch of other nice things about it but just wanted to say thanks.

@LSDelightful That's great! and also its so nice of you to say thankyou, it makes the development all worth while when people appreciate the application.

Hi Chunkaway firstly I need it to be successful on android before a version is written for iOS, fingers crossed!!

This app seems awesome... Although, I really want a metronome that can store tempos that runs on PC (Dont have an android phone)... Is there any way you can adapt it so it works on any PC? Or are there any good (free) alternatives?

This app seems awesome... Although, I really want a metronome that can store tempos that runs on PC (Dont have an android phone)... Is there any way you can adapt it so it works on any PC? Or are there any good (free) alternatives?

Hi, sorry no plans to make this run on a PC at the moment, you could look at:
http://www.metronomeonline.com
But my opinion is that its not that great, I found it a little bit glitchy and you cannot store the tempos, but its worth checking out anyway.

This app was glitchy when I first purchased it, but I thought nothing of it. However, every time I open the app my phone freezes and I have to remove the battery to shut it off. Fix soon because I'm a drummer who needs to practice.

This app was glitchy when I first purchased it, but I thought nothing of it. However, every time I open the app my phone freezes and I have to remove the battery to shut it off. Fix soon because I'm a drummer who needs to practice.

Hi Michael you are the user running a Motorolla droid X right?. I have done a lot of research into your error and I made some adjustments to the free version, could you try that out and see if there is any improvement. If not then I'm afraid it seems your device isn't quite fast enough to run this app, it must be causing instability issues. But as you know I've refunded your purchase price since it did not run well for you.

Back