Assimilation of knowledge

drummingman

Gold Member
Im really getting into books and dvd's on positive thinking, achieving success in the areas of life, and wealth building. Some of the things that im getting into are from Dave Ramsey, Napoleon Hill and Stephen Covey. I really want to find the best way to assimilate the knowledge that i learn from these people, as well as others, and their books and dvd's etc. I want to find the most effective ways of internalizing and applying the things that i learn when i read these books and watch their dvd's and listen to there cd's. Does anyone have any advice for the best ways to do this?

This is a very important topic for me because i really feel that it can help my life greatly.

By putting theory in practise and being open to learn new things from different points of view.

The thing would be to really figure out how it applies to YOUR life.

And be specific.

Millions of people read these types of books, but most go, "wow, great idea" and then carry on with their life without any thought about the ideas they just read.

Write down a concept you learn that you think is a good idea, and then write down how to applies to you specifically in your life's situation.

Not every concept will apply to you, which is OK. Which is why it's important to write down how it applies to you, so you can sort through the concepts and internalize what best suits you, and not to bother with trying to apply some concepts that just don't work for you.

And then reading different authors, some advice may contradict each other, which again is why you have to think about how it applies to you to make the best decisions.

I have nothing constructive to add to this, and I'm not sure if there is such a thing, but hey, chalk up another post count!

Back