Update on the guy who sabotaged my van

Maybe he faked his death so he could harass you more? :p

We thought of this straight away. Bad way to fake your death though, too problematic. I believe he's dead. Fish food to be more exact.

No Larry he never bugged my van, he (more likely someone he hired) loosened mine and another cars lugs (a few months apart) while parked in my driveway. He wasn't the kind to get his hands dirty like that.

To be accurate, I was just speculating that the boat hit him. It probably didn't happen that way. I just don't understand...he was seen swimming for like 2 minutes. So he wasn't unconscious. I just don't see how the current can take a man underwater and not let him up. When you are swimming for your life, it seems something really has to go wrong to stop a person. I've swam in that river. Yes the current is strong. I don't quite understand why he went under. My best guess is the cold water got to him and weakened him, that's more likely.

Dre, you don't know that I sabotaged his boat. I didn't even know he had a boat. I trust in the universe to even the score, that's not my responsibility.

We thought of this straight away. Bad way to fake your death though, too problematic. I believe he's dead. Fish food to be more exact.

No Larry he never bugged my van, he (more likely someone he hired) loosened mine and another cars lugs (a few months apart) while parked in my driveway. He wasn't the kind to get his hands dirty like that.

To be accurate, I was just speculating that the boat hit him. It probably didn't happen that way. I just don't understand...he was seen swimming for like 2 minutes. So he wasn't unconscious. I just don't see how the current can take a man underwater and not let him up. When you are swimming for your life, it seems something really has to go wrong to stop a person. I've swam in that river. Yes the current is strong. I don't quite understand why he went under. My best guess is the cold water got to him and weakened him, that's more likely.

Dre, you don't know that I sabotaged his boat. I didn't even know he had a boat. I trust in the universe to even the score, that's not my responsibility.

I wonder if alcohol of drugs were involved...

Larry do you mind if I post a link to the story?

Mike

It was a Bull Shark! They have been know to travel up freshwater rivers in search of food, and have easy access to the Delaware River through the Delaware Bay. While flailing around in a panic, the shark sensed his distress and moved in for an easy meal. This probably did not happen, but is possible, and fun to think about if you really don't like somebody or they deserve it.

No Mike I don't mind. It's public record. But thanks for asking. Drugs or alcohol? Maybe alcohol, but I don't know. I don't think he was a druggie.

I just don't understand...he was seen swimming for like 2 minutes. So he wasn't unconscious. I just don't see how the current can take a man underwater and not let him up. When you are swimming for your life, it seems something really has to go wrong to stop a person. I've swam in that river. Yes the current is strong. I don't quite understand why he went under. My best guess is the cold water got to him and weakened him, that's more likely.

Very easy. Shock from water temperature, wearing clothes etc plus current can make rivers extremely dangerous. Perhaps he couldn't swim either?

The only odd bit is that he was wearing a PFD. Unless it was the type that is designed to be inflated in the water, it would have kept him on the surface. Still easy to drown though, especially if he was injured as he fell off the boat

My dear Larry, I am very glad that you and your wife can sleep at night now.

Very easy. Shock from water temperature, wearing clothes etc plus current can make rivers extremely dangerous. Perhaps he couldn't swim either?

The only odd bit is that he was wearing a PFD. Unless it was the type that is designed to be inflated in the water, it would have kept him on the surface. Still easy to drown though, especially if he was injured as he fell off the boat

Well they say he did swim for 100 yards, but they also said they saw him swimming for 2 minutes. Which doesn't add up. And he was not wearing PFD. One was seen floating near him, why he didn't go for it I don't know. He was arrogant and maybe he figured he had this under control. It does seem like he could swim a little bit. I'm thinking cold, then probably panic when he started to realize he might not make it. The clothes are a definite factor, they weigh you right down, but the water...it's been cold here, the water couldn't have been more than 45 degrees. 50 tops. That's significantly cold. In the end, there was no one but himself to blame. Kinda floored by all of this. Out of all the people, the one guy I had to worry about....accidentally kills himself. Things like this only serve to strengthen my commitment to the things I believe in, namely, don't screw people.

My dear Larry, I am very glad that you and your wife can sleep at night now.

Madge dear...thank you so much. The warmth of your sentiment really came through. Thank you.

Well they say he did swim for 100 yards, but they also said they saw him swimming for 2 minutes.

Could happen easily. What were the conditions? 100 yards in calm water is vastly different to 100 yards when cold, fast flowing currents, panic or fatigue come into play. Even strong swimmers can get caught out.

I've spent years watching people panic in the surf mate. Once currents come into play and you're working three times as hard, yet still going backwards, it can all fall apart very bloody quickly.

Which doesn't add up.

To be fair, eyewitness accounts seldom do. Ask any copper. That's why they try and take as many as they can and form a broader picture of what exactly happened.

The warmth of your sentiment really came through. Thank you.

Well clearly it didn't, but I don't play games and I say what I mean. I am glad that you and your wife don't need to worry about being taken out by some nutter.

Could happen easily. What were the conditions? 100 yards in calm water is vastly different to 100 yards when cold, fast flowing currents, panic or fatigue come into play. Even strong swimmers can get caught out.

I've spent years watching people panic in the surf mate. Once currents come into play and you're working three times as hard, yet still going backwards, it can all fall apart very bloody quickly.

To be fair, eyewitness accounts seldom do. Ask any copper. That's why they try and take as many as they can and form a broader picture of what exactly happened.

True that Jules.Eye witness acounts of the same event will vary wildly,especially where time is concerned.Witnesses tend to exagerate the passing of time incorrectly,both over and underestimating,so the guy may have been swimming longer than witness accounts.

My younger and richer brother,had a boat which he used to jump wakes,till he gave himself a concussion,and several cracked and broken teeth.

Larry,don't worry about feeling good about this turd taking a permanent water nap.He put lives in danger doing what he most likely did to those vehicles.The guy was a coward,who just stunk up the place,and the whole planet is better off without him.

+1 to what Madge said.Now you'll sleep better at night,without this tool,possibley taking another run at you.Pay back is a bit*h,he should have learned that in jail,where he was someones prision wife.:)

Also a +1 to Larry Z....Jack's back.Did you see any of the trailers?They're on Fox on demand if you have cable.

Steve B

Steve B

According to my wife, who was in a relationship with him, he was narcisstic, and arrogant. He partook of the herb, but was not a big drinker, even though he had a bar in the basement. She always cites the tags he would leave on his Ethan Allen furniture, just to impress guests. In fact she attested that he jumped wakes with her in the boat. (different boat). He was most likely standing up. The boat was airborne after jumping the wake and it's nose went in the water and he went over the windshield.

Whats interesting is that I can imagine you risking your life to jump in and save him...if push came to shove.

...with that said, feel free to enjoy the reduced stress...not your fault he was an amoral moron.

Larry, I think the word you're looking for is schadenfreude.

Jim, you're a born teacher. I wasn't aware of that one, thanks. I'll probably never use the word though, it sounds too much like something from Hogans Heros lol.

They have a word for everything, don't they? They probably have a word to exactly describe the feeling of the realization that they have a word for everything.

Jim, you're a born teacher. I wasn't aware of that one, thanks. I'll probably never use the word though, it sounds too much like something from Hogans Heros lol.

They have a word for everything, don't they? They probably have a word to exactly describe the feeling of the realization that they have a word for everything.

Vokabularzufriedenheit.

It's part of the zeitgeist.

Back