Double Bass Extender

drummerinprogress

I need a double bass extender for a PDP 500 Series double bass pedal. Please help me find one! For as cheap as possible because I don't have too much money.
Thanks!

I don't know of any but that doesn't mean they don't exist. It's been years since I was in the double-pedal 'scene'.

With that said, I'd be questioning the idea of an extender. You're adding extra points of failure and also increasing the length of the shaft. Two short shafts with a linkage isn't too bad (provided the linkage is strong and provides good friction) but a very long shaft would start to flex and unless it is made out of a material with good torsional rigidity then you might start to notice significant lag on the slave.

Well in all honesty, I realized I was being very dumb and didn't realize there was an adjustment to the driveshaft length lol. So I got that part down but I do appreciate your help very much. My second problem that I've run into is my hihat is too far away now because of the legs. Is it possible to move the hihat pedal to the other side? Its kind of confusing to explain without a picture so if you need a better explanation I will try but does that make sense?

Well in all honesty, I realized I was being very dumb and didn't realize there was an adjustment to the driveshaft length lol. So I got that part down but I do appreciate your help very much. My second problem that I've run into is my hihat is too far away now because of the legs. Is it possible to move the hihat pedal to the other side? Its kind of confusing to explain without a picture so if you need a better explanation I will try but does that make sense?

I've seen pics of guys with their slave pedal to the left of the high hat pedal..................I've never tried it, but it may work for you and at least it'll get yours hats closer

I used to run my hi hat inside my double pedal slave. There's no reason why it shouldn't work, provided that you can get a clear run for the shaft. Double pedals tend to work best with a straight shaft, so if you can get the clearance you need with a straightened shaft, then that would be ideal.

My second problem that I've run into is my hihat is too far away now because of the legs. Is it possible to move the hihat pedal to the other side? Its kind of confusing to explain without a picture so if you need a better explanation I will try but does that make sense?

Some hi hat stands have a screw at the bottom of the tripod that secures the tripod legs to the tube. If you remove this screw you can rotate the legs so they are out of the way and be able to have your pedals right next to each other. I've done this a few times with no issues what so ever. If you have the tools you could even tap a new hole and refasten the tripod to the tube.

Back