Beater Counterweights

What beaters do you use? I'm guessing Tama by the link you added. If so, try your local Tama dealer. They may well be available as a special order. If Tama are anything like Pearl (and I'm guessing they are) there is no part too small that can't be ordered.

Do you have a guitar center or sam ash near you? I'd give them a call and see if they have them, my memory for some reason tells me I've seen them at G.C. Might try calling midwest music and a few of the other online places to see as well. Might have them just not listed on their web site.

Here's pic's of the original 'ROLLOR" balancer that came out in the mid 80's, the first of the beater weights that Im aware of. The ROLLOR was an accessory item, I forget how much it cost back then (maybe $12).

The counter weight is 1 oz and the aluminum holder is .5 oz The counter weight can be positioned up, down, front or back for different fx on the foot board. A few years after its introduction drum companies started sending out 1oz doughnut weights on their beater shafts.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 283
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    209.9 KB · Views: 263
FYI I was as Sam Ash and Guitar Center today and did not see any in the store. They said they could order them.

FYI I was as Sam Ash and Guitar Center today and did not see any in the store. They said they could order them.

Thanks so much for looking into that for me, and to all of you for your ideas. I'll see if I can order some from GC.

Les: that's some nasty looking beater you got there :)

Thanks so much for looking into that for me, and to all of you for your ideas. I'll see if I can order some from GC.

Les: that's some nasty looking beater you got there :)

No problem, figured I was there I'd check into it ;-) Part of what this forum is about, helping each other.

that's some nasty looking beater you got there :)

Both resurrected from deep inside the spares crypt, they haven't seen light since the 80's

that's some nasty looking beater you got there :)

Both resurrected from deep inside the spares crypt, they haven't seen light since the 80's

I'm trying to figure out what that nasty looking grease stuff is under the beater head???

Back