Travis Barker

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

DJ AM & TRAVIS BARKER’S PUBLICISTS
Dvora Vener (310) 248-6161
Myleik Teele (310) 248-6134

DJ AM & TRAVIS BARKER LIVE PERFORMANCE AT CLUB ABYSS! SAYREVILLE, NEW JERSEY…. THE HOTTEST EVENT TO HIT NEW JERSEY THIS YEAR….. LOS ANGELES’ DJ AM AND TRAVIS BARKER OF BLINK 182 WILL PERFORM LIVE AT CLUB ABYSS!

EVENT NAME: DJ AM & TRAVIS BARKER
DATE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12, 2006
TIME: 8:00PM – 2:00AM
ADVANCE SALE TICKETS: WANTTICKETS.COM
CLUB ABYSS BOX OFFICE 732.727.5252

HIGHWAY 35N : SAYREVILLE, NEW JERSEY 08879

clubabyss.com

CONTACT(s):
CLUB ABYSS
LISA TODARO
OFFICE 732.727.5252
EMAIL [email protected]

Bernhard

The OCDP solo doesnt do him much justice. Its differnt seeing him live, and for his style of music and who he plays with he is good. As for all the people putting him down for the solos, he gets it done with 4 drums. I see portnoy or peart who have 10+ drums. But it really surprises me to see all the put downs, I think hes good maybe not best in world but at least top 20 for PUNK rock. And I know 80 percent of the people on here arent as good as him so its a shame.

the.tree said:
The OCDP solo doesnt do him much justice. Its differnt seeing him live, and for his style of music and who he plays with he is good. As for all the people putting him down for the solos, he gets it done with 4 drums. I see portnoy or peart who have 10+ drums. But it really surprises me to see all the put downs, I think hes good maybe not best in world but at least top 20 for PUNK rock. And I know 80 percent of the people on here arent as good as him so its a shame.

Him having a 4 peice cannot be compared to Portnoy's Monster.. Why? Because If he wanted to he could CHOOSE to play a 10 peice. Does he win by default because he has less peices? No. Does he win because it makes him creative? No. Travis is not god, and he's not shite either. He is overpraised, but does what he does to fit the music, and for that I respect him. He's the male version of Meg White, but with more chops IMO.

the.tree said:
Hmmm i didn't say he was better, and i didn't say he wins or he's better than mike. I said that he chose to play a 4 piece and maybe can't be as creative in his solos. But people say he needs work on his solos i don't see many people doing better solos on a 4 piece than him.

Hmm...

Max Roach
Art Blakely
Lionel Hampton
Jeff Hamilton
Tony Williams
Elvin Jones
Joe Morello

Having a four peice has nothing to do with creativity. He plays a four peice because it feels good to him, not because It Challenges Him. One of his solo's has him play 32nd notes on the snare and high tom for about... 15 seconds with all the girls cheering. This is what makes everybody despise Travis. Nothing against the man..Just so overated for what he does/can do...

Oh and Solo's shouldn't even really be used as judging how good a drummer is. Drumming keeps the beat, Your Guitar's, Trumpets, Saxaphones should do the solo's really IMO. Sure you get Bonham, Peart, Gadd pulling off Solo's. But no one is Amazed by their solo's. It's the 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover Groove. The Fool In The Rain beat..Everything except the Solos. Solo's are hella cool, but you can't say, Bonham Is the best player ever, because He can do Moby Dick and no one else can..

And If Travis isn't that good on drum solos.. Don't BLOODY give him drum solo's. If he doesn't deserve it, he doesn't deserve it. If he doesn't have his own T.V. show because of it. So what? No one honostly gives a damn.....

Stu_Strib said:
And again, for the record, Travis is a good drummer and I quite like Blink 182. On third/fourth listen, I'm starting to think Boxcar is even better. My problem comes with the Travis is GOD and he RULEZ comments. A little perspective is all.

well that comes from young kid who are just obsessed... and with that you should dislike them more then the artist they are talking about... those comments anoy me aswell and im a huge travis barker fan .

We_Love_Lime said:
Hmm...

Max Roach
Art Blakely
Lionel Hampton
Jeff Hamilton
Tony Williams
Elvin Jones
Joe Morello

Having a four peice has nothing to do with creativity. He plays a four peice because it feels good to him, not because It Challenges Him. One of his solo's has him play 32nd notes on the snare and high tom for about... 15 seconds with all the girls cheering. This is what makes everybody despise Travis. Nothing against the man..Just so overated for what he does/can do...

Oh and Solo's shouldn't even really be used as judging how good a drummer is. Drumming keeps the beat, Your Guitar's, Trumpets, Saxaphones should do the solo's really IMO. Sure you get Bonham, Peart, Gadd pulling off Solo's. But no one is Amazed by their solo's. It's the 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover Groove. The Fool In The Rain beat..Everything except the Solos. Solo's are hella cool, but you can't say, Bonham Is the best player ever, because He can do Moby Dick and no one else can..

And If Travis isn't that good on drum solos.. Don't BLOODY give him drum solo's. If he doesn't deserve it, he doesn't deserve it. If he doesn't have his own T.V. show because of it. So what? No one honostly gives a damn.....

my goodnesss people, is it really his fault that people are taken by him? NO its not a big deal that girls scream his name when he plays some 32nd notes... i mean more power to him, id love to wake up and play to thousands of fans that know my songs.i think people are really starting to post redundant copmments about him being over rated.. which isnt his fault.can he help people like his style and his past bands?--NO. give it a rest,hes a great drummer, not the best, girls like him, what ever...

the bottom line is: yes he is richer then us all put together, but does that take anything away from the fact he loves his craft.. absolutely not. yes girls like him and he has a tv show-does that mean that hes stuck up and a show off-- NO.. i think no one on this fourm knows the man and people are hating him like he smacked your mother....

its definitly okay to dislike him, or have opinions about his playing, but to constantly put him down and make a mockary of his dedication and obvious skill b/c hes popular and has a following just shows your imaturity and lack of understanding....

Travis Barker Roland Voice

Sorry to post another Travis thread, but does anyone know the voice that Travis uses on his electronic pad for the huge bass drop effect? My band wants me to use it, and I don't know what he uses.

Thanks.

Re: Travis Barker Roland Voice

whats a bass drop effect... and how do you activate it.. i dont know alot about the drum machines and sound effects. would love to learn..

AMEN beatsmcgee, Travis cannot help his fame, and he is a good, creative and inspiring drummer (in my opinion) with or without it - it is just because he is famous that I have heard of him. I'm sure there are many other drummers out that could drum for blink adequatley (spelling?), or be much more technically impressive, but they don't have Travis's energetic and edgy feel (which I love and Stu hates).

And to the guy who said drummers should just keep the beat, that's just as lame as saying to a guitar player: 'you should just play chords' - an utterly counter-productive and cynical statement. Of course Travis 'deserves' to play a solo in a Blink concert, he is the best on his instrument out of the three (though I don't wish to knock Mark and Tom), and if girls (and boys) like it, surely that's the whole point!? There's a place for uber-complicated polyrhythmic drum solo's, but there's also a place for the crowd pleasers.

Thought Travis was gonna break the record

Wasnt there a rumor or was it true that Travis Barker said he would break the World's Fastest Drummer Champ record years ago?

I vaguely remember the topic

Re: Thought Travis was gonna break the record

i seriously doubt that he said that. probably a rumour

How can I make my TOM heads sound really good?

I really need assistance on how to make my TOM heads sound really good and "poppy" without a ring or having to use those annoying plastic rings. I have new Coated Evans Genera G2 heads on my Tama Swingstar. Can I get assistance on how I can do this? Also, if you know, where can I purchase black bass heads with 2 holes(like travis barker) and those metal hoops protecting the holes in the bass resonant head? Thank you all for your time in reading this.

Current Top Ten WFD Fastest Hands Rankings as of March 25, 2006

Mike Mangini 1247
Jotan Afanador 1199
Art Verdi 1116
Dan Barnat 1106
Sam LaCompte 1096
Eric Okamoto 1085
Johnny Rabb 1071 tie
Brad Broomfield 1071 tie
Matt Smith 1061
Tiger Bill Meligari 1060

In this type of specialized event, any of these guys would own Travis Barker like a used car.

Boxcar Racer, track #6 "And I", The Unofficial Stu_Strib Review

View attachment 6intro.mp3

Intro beat...maybe it is cool to you but I've heard it a million times. It is a bit cliche. Although I am wondering what kind of stick he uses for the ghost notes. Sounds cool that way.

View attachment 6verse.mp3

After the intro beat we get a very typical busy Travis groove. I like the rolls into the snare on 2 (or 3 if you are counting half-time), but I really dislike the offbeat tom hit and the hi hat gliss. This is another groove killer. He uses a very common Travis phrasing pattern. Although it is a groove killer, I conceede, it does sound cool. This is the problem, again though. Cool beat, wrong place.

The bridge? (or I guess it is the first hint of the chorus) (first time of "I want her/need her/with you/always will pull me through?") is ok? It seems a bit disconnected from the rest of the song, but that is the song's fault, not Travis'.

View attachment 6breakdown.mp3

I like when he goes into double time with the signature tom ruffs (the guitar breakdown part). Playing double time through the choruses is perfect. I would have gone to full double time there too.

So there you go. Not bad at all, but I really dislike the verse groove, and it is a fairly typical Travis groove.

As for the opening groove, I think I've just been playing so long I don't really find it too interesting, and definitely not difficult or ground breaking. It does 'sound' good though, from an audio quality stand point.

Any others?

By the way, the students in HS Art that I substitute taught for played Blink every day (yes, I'm a cool teacher, we play music while working). I don't think I ever heard the early stuff with the other drummer. I like Blink a lot, even the whiny singer guy, but man, that old stuff was awful.

Not to diss Travis, I think he is a very good drummer, but I am quite sure he could never break any speed record in the WFD contest

i was tryin to play along to some blink today. he's fast for sure. not the fastest guy around by any means, but fast nonetheless. i like his fills a lot too, and i'm a huge fan of tthe cool little drum break in "reckless abandon".
but he's not amazing. he doesn't really keep it simple enough for the punk music he plays, and i'm not sure if he's as creative as people like jimmy chamberlin.

Back