is there a fat 7A stick?

lovemysonors

i love the length of 7As but they're just a little too light. if i could find a 7A length but with a 5A weight, it'd be great.

i've tried the Steve Gadd's, but the too is too heavy. other than that, they seem to break in the middle really easily.

suggestions?

You should check out Jojo Mayer's signature Vic Firth stick. It's about 15 & 1/2 inches long (7A length) and .577 inches thick (5A diameter). Also, Regal Tip makes a 3A that's almost the same size (Theirs is 15 & 1/2 by .555).

Jojo sticks break easily.

Not if you have good technique.

I have used 7A sticks while playing like a Gorilla that just discovered the banana he had eaten was tainted with tranquilizers for 3 hours and they were still perfect

Try these:

http://www.truelinedrumsticks.com/Products.asp

PowerGrip7A.gif

Not if you have good technique.

I have used 7A sticks while playing like a Gorilla that just discovered the banana he had eaten was tainted with tranquilizers for 3 hours and they were still perfect

I DO have good technique. I don't even to rim shots. hahaha (Y)

When I was a kid, I used 9A sticks - that's how small I was! I know about the lightness of 7A's but you could try Pro-mark Jazz sticks (also called Millenium II or Jazz New Generation. They are tough and thicker (a little bit) than 7A, AND longer. I like Vic Firth's too - I can't remember now whether Hickory is weightier than Oak, or vice versa....If they still sell Regal Tips, they are really tough and feel a bit heavier. Great sticks!

ZG

I have Regal tip 7A Wide that I have used for some time now. Try them out.

Vic Firth 85A is what you are looking for.

Back