"Smack My Bitch Up" Drum Solo and "Smile******" by Candy Warpop

Re: "Smack My Bitch Up" Drum Solo and "Smilefucker" by Candy Warpop

A little video of me playing with my live dubstep band, Splitbreed, at Vegas Streats April 14, 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63NIPl2KIkc

Oh, and my rock band's page:

candywarpop.com

And music video shot by Shoot To Kill Media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSl80K_yh9I
Hey Anisa, great to have you back here :) Although the song title makes my skin crawl, I'm loving your energy as usual. Those crashes were right on the mark. Although what you played was simple, it's how you played it that impresses, and always has.

Why would you ever name the songs that!?

I agree, but I'm pretty sure Anisa's band is covering someone else's material. Pretty distasteful all the same, & I don't think it's just because I'm an out of touch old fart either, it's just plain wrong.

That aside, even though I have no interest in the material Anisa's band plays, I love the way she approaches the kit, & her playing in general. Clearly, the organisers of the similarly badly titled "hits like a girl" competition, hadn't seen Anisa play before coming up with that gem ;)

Prodigy named it

she is playing along to Prodigy

hey Anisa I did Candy Warpop....good stuff

"Smack My Bitch Up" ???

by who's definition is this "music" ?

way to sound like an out of touch closed minded snob

millions of people all over the world love this type of music

oh wait.....or is it only material YOU approve of that is actual "music"...?

I'm not even a fan of Prodigy but statements like this are just idiotic to me

how dare someone create something I dont like....HOW DARE THEY??!!!!

Last edited:
Heyyy, I didn't mean to cause any controversy. The first one is a Prodigy track. It's just my drum solo during the live set with my dubstep band, Splitbreed. If you haven't heard of The Prodigy, you probably won't like the band, haha.

The second song is an original by my band, Candy Warpop, about the reality T.V. and celebrity infatuation culture rampant in the U.S. It was written by an incredible guitarist and singer named Melle Vasquez. "Smile******" is an allusion to celebrity mug shots, I remember she was particularly inspired/annoyed by the Charlie Sheen media extravaganza last year.

Again, I'm sorry if the song titles offend you, but I didn't write them. I just play drums :) Although I have written lyrics for four songs with Candy Warpop in the past few months, all curse-word free.

Never heard of it, but the title tells me all I need to know. Grow up. It's garbage.

welcome to 1940

my man its a song title.....it means nothing

way to sound like an out of touch closed minded snob

millions of people all over the world love this type of music

oh wait.....or is it only material YOU approve of that is actual "music"...?

I'm not even a fan of Prodigy but statements like this are just idiotic to me

how dare someone create something I dont like....HOW DARE THEY??!!!!

+1

20202020202020...I guess I could add something versus scamming the filter. The only lyrics in the song are "smack my bitch up", so if you disapprove of the subject matter, there isn't any, the guy literally says "smack my bitch up" over and over again, that's all. So the song in no way advocates the smacking up of his bitch, or any other's. Opinions are like ass wholes, everyone's got one...myself included.

Don't really know what compelled me to chime in on this, but oh well. Can't really say I'm a fan of dubstep, but props for actually playing drums versus using a machine, I also like your breasts in that tank top, so props for that too.

+1

20202020202020...I guess I could add something versus scamming the filter. The only lyrics in the song are "smack my bitch up", so if you disapprove of the subject matter, there isn't any, the guy literally says "smack my bitch up" over and over again, that's all. So the song in no way advocates the smacking up of his bitch, or any other's. Opinions are like ass wholes, everyone's got one...myself included.

Don't really know what compelled me to chime in on this, but oh well. Can't really say I'm a fan of dubstep, but props for actually playing drums versus using a machine, I also like your breasts in that tank top, so props for that too.

.......wow.

and it's not dubstep but I'm not here to split hairs.

The only lyrics in the song are "smack my bitch up" [. . .] the guy literally says "smack my bitch up" over and over again, that's all

Actually, the full lyric is:

Change my pitch up
Smack my bitch up

and it's not dubstep but I'm not here to split hairs.

Absolutely correct - dunno what "dubstep" is, but The Prodigy have written music usually classified as rave, techno, big beat, breakbeat, industrial, and so on . . .
That tune is an absolute belter - and well played all all counts, Anisa.

Absolutely correct - dunno what "dubstep" is,

dubstep is electronic music that is a blend of "2 step" and "dub"

just to use popular examples ......Skrillex, Datsik, Borgor, Nero

Never heard of it, but the title tells me all I need to know. Grow up. It's garbage.

HAHA! First of all, that was an excellent drum solo on the tune. Second of all, the Prodigy is excellent. I used to play along to Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned all the time. I love this debate though. I love when people say "grow up." Hahaha. Grow up? Grow a sense of humor and an understanding of irony. This is no anthem of the wife beaters. But then I guess all 'dem blues songs bout shootin my ol' lady down after I caught her with annuthah mannn are completely kosher.

HAHA! First of all, that was an excellent drum solo on the tune. Second of all, the Prodigy is excellent. I used to play along to Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned all the time. I love this debate though. I love when people say "grow up." Hahaha. Grow up? Grow a sense of humor and an understanding of irony. This is no anthem of the wife beaters. But then I guess all 'dem blues songs bout shootin my ol' lady down after I caught her with annuthah mannn are completely kosher.

what a kick ass response

Skrillex, Datsik, Borgor, Nero

Just looked some of those up on YouTube: found the whole slanging match between commentators about whether Skrillex and Datsik can be considered genuine dubstep or the apparently derided "brostep" hilarious. It also seems that in the UK "brostep" is disparagingly called "bruvstep". I guess some things never change . . .

Back