INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Re: New Member

Welcome, Carl. We're glad to have you. Tell us a little more about your kit, your playing experience, type of music you like to play, etc....

Another newbie!

Hello, all fellow drummers. I am a newb here on drummerworld, and I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a drummer of about 9 years, gigging drummer of about 2. Im 29, and live in upstate NY(yes, there is another part of NY BESIDES the city
!!!).
I will ask stupid, obvious questions now and again, and I am never shy on inputting my 2 cents worth, especially if I have experience with said subject. Please dont take offense, or think Im trying to steal a thread, I just want people to know and understand my ideas and experiences as well.

I am a metal drummer who is discovering the dynamic side of drumming, so bear with me. Its not that hard to teach a brutal metal head new tricks! Lol. and with that, im off. Everyone have a wonderful day!

Back In The Saddle!

So...its been quite a while since I've done any posting on the forums. Ive just been so busty with the band! But Im back and Ill be chiming in fairly regularly now!

A little update on what I've been up to with the band and my drumming...

Recorded our album in multi million dollar studio with producer Tom Tatman (Stone Sour) released back in May.

Since then, we've managed to connect with publicist that got Marilyn Manson discovered :)

Now, were just booking up a bunch of dates on the road around the midwest region and doing what we do best-rock out! And for the better of the people too in doing more charity and benefit shows and what not. We've become the band that gives back in these hard times while Uncle Sam is slacking ;) Shows are getting more vital with press, and in turn the music is getting spread more. Gotta love a good movement behind good music!

Anywho, its good to be back on here. Looking forward to the interaction between fellow drummets and musicians! Get Some!

Re: Back In The Saddle!

Ill post some pics of the kit and some links later! Can't from my phone while at work unfortunately

Hi everyone,

I live in Yeovil, Somerset, South West England. We are on the leggy bit that sticks out west on the map. Warmed by the gulf stream - no not my jet (I wish) but the wind from the States.

The drum kit is a Tama Superstar Hyperdrive in white, Mapex Blaster Snare. Also have an electric DTX Extreme.

Confession....its not mine! Its my Sons George Cochrane. Check out his web site at www.georgecochrane.co.uk He is now 17 and just joined the signed band Silient Empathy as the drummer.

I will encourage him to join this forum.

My role is dad the roadie! I wrote an eBook based on what I have picked up and just wish I had that amazing ability. As I find out tips & strategies from the journey of being a beginner through to becoming a world drumming superstar I will pass on the tips, techniques and what materials and DVDs etc look useful along the way. If you want you can go to www.howtodrumtoday.com and I will keep you posted.

I'm an Engineer (I created Text Messaging and other stuff in the mobile telecoms & internet arena). If you are interested check out www.cochrane.uk.net So I understand sound & tech etc, and now beginning to try drumming. Thing is I'm not always allowed on the precious drum kit! I may just have to remain inspired by all those talented drummers out there.

Last edited:

Is there a larger book as pictured since the downloadable one is only 18 pages? Free is a great price but looking at the picture of the book just wondering if there is more. Thanks.

Welcome on-board Carl!

This is a solid brotherhood, that you have joined. Interesting stuff give us more input about it...prior buying your book! Cheers,

Attachments

• hardbackcoverstanding.jpg
    hardbackcoverstanding.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 265
Real name
Alexander Ljungberg

How long have I been playing
5-6 years

Origin of my username
I don't really know, it was a mockup between Impulse and something else, can't remember.

Top 5 drummers
Nicko McBrain, Chris Slade, Phil Rudd, Daniel Mullback, Joey Jordison

Make of drumkit
Pearl and Bigbeat

Make of cymbals
Premier and some unidentified

Where do you practice
Garage

Are you or were you in a band
I'm in a newly started rock band, we havn't come up with a name yet

Covers or originals
I love to play covers but i try to do them more original to me. I try to make every cover i learn more special to me!

Style of music
Rock, Thrash Metal, Power Metal, Heavy Metal, NWOBHM, Pop Rock, (Some Death Metal when i feel like unleashing some fury)

Take out food
Preferably MAX Hamburgers(Swedish hamburger fast food brand), but pizza or kebab will do.

Country
Sweden

How did I start drumming
I wanted to play a instrument and i tried guitar, still practices it but I'm not that good at it.. So my dad bought a cheap drumkit and i really liked it! Been playing ever since!

Other Hobbies/Interests/Activities:
I'm a game programming student and i play alot of PC games. I'm into cosplaying and I'm currently building a Stormtrooper costume from Star Wars. I'm also interested in Paintball and airsoft, but since airsoft got a 18 years restriction here in Sweden, i stick with Paintball at the moment.

Hi All, I've been lurking around this forums like for few weeks and decided to join in :p

How long have you been playing: 4weeks? LOL I'm still a newbie ;D

Origin of user name: I've use this name on a few other forums...

Your top 5 drummers: Lars Ulrich,The Rev,Joey Jordison,Neil Pert?(I forgot his name) And the Sum41 Drummer.

Make of drumkit: Haven bought one yet..... xD

Make of cymbal: Same as above

Where do you practice: At home with pads and pillows :)

Are you in a band: Not yet...Going to be...

Do you play covers or originals: I'm still a newbie.....

What style of music: Heavy Metal(Metallica mostly),Hard Rock,Pop? (Think LMFAO)

Favourite take out food: Hmmm tough one....anything I guess? :D

What country do you live in: Some corrupted country name Malaysia....Sigh....It's Very Hard to Find Used Drums here.....

One really odd fact about yourself: A girl that drums?

How did you start drumming: I wanna be unique...besides you don't get girls drummer a lot right? ;D

Erm any idea how to get smilies? Thanks.

Real name? Wesley

Age? 21

How long have you been playing? Since this last august, but started putting in serious practice time these last 2 months now that I'm not busy all the time anymore

Origin of user name? Nickname

Your top 5 drummers? Brann Dailor, Levon Helm, Carl Palmer, Terry Bozzio, and John Bonham.

Make of drumkit? Ludwig Element 5 piece 22 x 18 bass drum, 10 x 8, 12 x 9, and 13 x 10 toms, 16 x 16 floor tom, 14-6 /12 snare

Make of cymbal? Meinl HCS 20 inch ride, 16 inch crash, and 14 inch hi-hats

Where do you practice? My room

Are you in a band? Negative, maybe one day

Do you play covers or originals? Occasionally play along to songs, but right now focusing on learning rudiments, basic grooves, just having fun with the drums.

What style of music? My favorite is progressive rock especially concept albums, but I'll listen to any type of music once at least to see if i like it.

Favourite take out food? Pep n mush pizza and any type of Hamburgers or Cheeseburgers

What country do you live in? The United States of America

One really odd fact about yourself? I listen to way too much music and it throws off my sleeping schedule

How did you start drumming? First messed around with a friends drum set when I was in eighth grade. This last summer after I got my first job I decide to save and buy a drumset. Best investment I've ever made.

I know YOU know me....

I decided to put together a website-blog to be used as a business card of sorts for potential musical partnerships or projects/employment. I figured this is better to have a centralized location for all things under my real name, Matt Eder, instead of having to jump around from my Facebook page to YouTube to get a complete picture of my drumming endeavors. If you're interested, please check it out and leave a few comments. I'm always open to feedback ;)

http://www.mattederondrums.blogspot.com/

Re: I know YOU know me....

nice site! the layout and content appears very professional, easy to navigate and great blog archives. your a good drummer man, i like your style.

nice site! the layout and content appears very professional, easy to navigate and great blog archives. your a good drummer man, i like your style.

Thanks! That Blogger sure makes it easy to create web presence. I did all of that with no sleep in three hours. The linking to YouTube was even easier. Thanks for giving it a look!

'Three of a Perfect Pair'? I had to laugh. Awesome.

Real name?
Kyle

Age?

How long have you been playing?
5 years.

Origin of user name?
K for Kyle, Beatle for the Beatles, 97 for the year I was born.

Your top 5 drummers?
In no particular order...
1. John Bonham
2. Max Roach
3. Elvin Jones
4. Mitch Mitchell
5. Art Blakey

Make of drumkit?
DW shells, pedals, and hardware, Remo heads, Pearl steel shell snare.

Make of cymbal?
Zildjian and Meinl

Where do you practice?
Music room in my basement. Here are some pictures with my old drums. Ignore the fake mural in the window. It used to be a kid's bedroom. That should be switched out as soon as the new mural gets here.
MusicRoom3.jpg

MusicRoom2.jpg

musicroom1.jpg

Are you in a band?
Yes, we haven't come up with any names, but it's a jazz trio. I like to think we're pretty good. Our pianist has actually been on Good Morning America playing the piano. Current setlist is in my sig. I'm also in the school praise band, selected from all the high school. I'm the only freshmen to have ever been selected. The last two I'm in are also jazz. There's an organization called KCYJ, Kansas City Youth Jazz, though it's not really young youth. Most people are between 7th and 12th grade. I'm in one of the big bands there, and also a small combo of about 5. This is also how I met the two toher guys in my jazz trio.

Do you play covers or originals?
Both. Mostly covers of standards, but we have some original blues and jazz tunes, and even some funk and rock tunes.

What style of music?
Jazz, bossa, mambo, samba, funk, and some rock.

Favourite take out food?
Cheeseburgers. That counts, right?

What country do you live in?
America

One really odd fact about yourself?
I collect vinyl records. I have about 400 of them, mostly classic rock. While I mostly play jazz, my favorite listening is classic rock. Rarest records in my collection are a first pressing of Some Girls by the Rolling Stones, with the original girls on the cover, and a first pressing of Led Zeppelin III with the rotating wheel. And yes, I play them.

How did you start drumming?
In 4th grade I decided I would join the 5th grade band, and to get a leg up on everyone else, I started taking glockenspiel lessons about midway through 4th grade. I had taken piano since first grade, so I knew how to read, play, etc. It was just a matter of getting the feel. I enjoyed lessons, and eventually, my instructor started me playing marching and concert snare, which led to drumset. Nowadays, I don't do much snare, and I'm not in the school band, but I do still play in the 4 bands I mentioned.

And that's me. Hope to become an active member here. Seems like a great community!

Cool I'm same age as you.

I'm a little older than you guys and I love a rockin' Polka, you too??
Age=I'm old
Playing exper.=I'm old
user name=given to me by fellow musicians a few years ago
top five drummers=Chick Webb, Buddy Rich, Chris Columbus, Elvin Jones, Doctor Dirt.
Drum kit= 1992 Premier Signia (Saphire) Doctor Dirt snare drum (african mahogany) 5x14
Cymbals= Sabian HH 16/18 (all first year production) Sabian 21" Dry Ride. Zil. 14 rock
Practice= in my mind when its not to cluttered.
............the End! Doc.

I'm a little older than you guys and I love a rockin' Polka, you too??
Age=I'm old
Playing exper.=I'm old
user name=given to me by fellow musicians a few years ago
top five drummers=Chick Webb, Buddy Rich, Chris Columbus, Elvin Jones, Doctor Dirt.
Drum kit= 1992 Premier Signia (Saphire) Doctor Dirt snare drum (african mahogany) 5x14
Cymbals= Sabian HH 16/18 (all first year production) Sabian 21" Dry Ride. Zil. 14 rock
Practice= in my mind when its not to cluttered.
............the End! Doc.

Exactly How old is old? O_O

Let me guess 30?

Back