my kits

Has the Pork Pie arrived yet? It sounds like it will be amazing!

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

I passed on the cherry kit when I saw the finished kit. It was just too damn pretty. I would be afraid to play it....really, it is that nice.
I ordered instead another Bonham kit..26x18 13x10 16x16 18x16 in high gloss Hugger Orange.

ahh wow it must have been jaw dropping to make you pass!

BTW I have my eye on a Pork Pie Cherry wood snare. Do you know the sound qualties of Cherry compared to the usual woods?

Cherry is darker sounding and very warm. Still has a lot of crack to it though.

That is one HELL of an endorsement for the Pork Pie throne. It's a rare constant in every photo. That, and the little statue to the left.

It seems all the setups have the same background (except the long gone DW). Plus, through my powers of observation, it seems apparent that you set up several of the kits twice in order to get a front and back pose. Incredibly tedious work. Only drums can make me do the same thing over and over with no decline in enthusiasm. Perhaps the same is true for you?

Just curious, have you ever had a client for whom you designed a music themed space? I think it would be great fun to combine your two passions, ya know with back-lit Paistes all over the wall, or a collection of bass drum reso heads set up in a collage... Cool stuff.

That is one HELL of an endorsement for the Pork Pie throne. It's a rare constant in every photo. That, and the little statue to the left.

It seems all the setups have the same background (except the long gone DW). Plus, through my powers of observation, it seems apparent that you set up several of the kits twice in order to get a front and back pose. Incredibly tedious work. Only drums can make me do the same thing over and over with no decline in enthusiasm. Perhaps the same is true for you?

Just curious, have you ever had a client for whom you designed a music themed space? I think it would be great fun to combine your two passions, ya know with back-lit Paistes all over the wall, or a collection of bass drum reso heads set up in a collage... Cool stuff.

I have used ebony heads of different sizes against a cobalt blue wall/background before. Came out very cool. It only took about 5 minutes per kit to flip them around to get the reverse shot. We drummers are sickos.

Greg has always had a lot of kits. Being his younger brother, I have been fortunate enough to have been caretaker (and user) of several kits in my earlier days, since he did not always have room for all of his equipment. I have ever since had bouts of "drum mania" in which a strong desire to start drumming again creeps over me. After stumbling upon this site and Greg's drums (I did not realize there were so many!) I am feeling the urge again.

Knowing Greg, the drums in the photos are probably long gone and replaced with even nicer stuff. Too many drums, too little time........or something like that.

Greg has always had a lot of kits. Being his younger brother, I have been fortunate enough to have been caretaker (and user) of several kits in my earlier days, since he did not always have room for all of his equipment. I have ever since had bouts of "drum mania" in which a strong desire to start drumming again creeps over me. After stumbling upon this site and Greg's drums (I did not realize there were so many!) I am feeling the urge again.

Knowing Greg, the drums in the photos are probably long gone and replaced with even nicer stuff. Too many drums, too little time........or something like that.

Hey Marc....want a kit?

Nice collection. If I didn't have to spend my money on stupid stuff like..oh.. food and rent, I would own a few of those myself. Bradys are saaweeet! Cheers!

I would like a kit, but I dont know where I would put it. I already have bass equipment and 7 saxophones sprinkled throughout the house!

I have decided that if you have something to store out on the left coast, I could park out in the driveway instead of the garage. Let me know. The more I think about it, the better I like the idea.

Last edited:
450056422110bgum0.jpg

835916422110bgqy4.jpg

940056422110bgrl2.jpg

Blondie

959466422110bgrw7.jpg

669466422110bglv7.jpg

Big Red

480946422110bgtn0.jpg

860946422110bgsf0.jpg

370946422110bgiw1.jpg

Piglites

622166422110bgyu0.jpg

432166422110bgtt5.jpg

632166422110bgrl1.jpg

Moon

158536422110bgpp9.jpg

What do ya think?

Greg

7 plus..........................

bumping to prove to a kid in the neighborhood that I'm "the guy with all the drums"
I do have 3 new ones and about 10 new snares btw : )

More kits? Lets get some pictures then! :)

Awesome kits so far, very partial to the Moon kit myself!

George.

Back