Which of these two drumheads would you say is the better choice?

JLoveDrums94

All three of my toms have dented old drumheads and I was recommended (specifically for the kind of music I play) by one group of people to replace them all with Clear Evans EC2 Drumheads… and then I was recommended by another group of people to replace them all with Clear Remo Powerstroke 4 Drumheads.

Which of these two drum heads do you think is best for toms?

It's all about your sound, not ours ... so your best thing to do .... pick 1 tom size, of the 3 (probably the middle size) ... and buy one of each drum head, for that tom ... and then figure out which head/sound you prefer .... then go out and buy a set of your head choice.​
What also might happen is .... you might find that you really can't tell much of a difference .... or that there is a difference, and you like both...​
I'd say, most of the time, when I re-head one of my kits ... I replace the heads with a new set of "something" that wasn't on there, before. Keeps things fresh, like buying a new drum kit, every time you get new heads ...​

whilst the original group of people knows which type of music you play, I'm afraid we don't. you may wish to expand on your original post for a well judged answer. :)

edit: harry has spoken

JLove -

I have been playing drums for 45 years and still sometimes experiment with different drum heads. I usually play on coated Remo Ambassadors, but from time to time I start thinking that maybe I need something else. This leads to buying several heads for maybe just a mounted tom and floor tom and trying them for a while. It's good to keep an open mind with heads and sticks.

One suggestion that works for me is to play the drums at some of the local stores if they have heads on them that I don't normally use. Of course, these may not sound exactly llike your drums, but it may give you a good starting point for something different.

All three of my toms have dented old drumheads and I was recommended (specifically for the kind of music I play) by one group of people to replace them all with Clear Evans EC2 Drumheads… and then I was recommended by another group of people to replace them all with Clear Remo Powerstroke 4 Drumheads.

Which of these two drum heads do you think is best for toms?

Although I'm strictly a Remo Fan, I've heard the Evans EC2's on another kit, and they sound Fabulous!

Back