Is this an Acro?

OrangeAgent27

Silver Member
I've been searching for an acrolite on CL (see last nights wildly popular "is this a Supra?") but am finding several where people are unsure of if the drum they own is an Acrolite or not. This one has the bowtie lugs and what appears to be the black galaxy finish but I just wanted a second opinion. Thanks for bearing with me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 314
Thanks gang. It's going for $100. Making the move on Tuesday.

Is there anything I should know when I go see it that will tell me 100% if it is an Acro or not?

Take a magnet. An Acrolite has an aluminum shell, so a magnet should not stick to it. Good luck. Peace and goodwill.

Considering how common both Acros and Supras are, I haven't really come across faked ones. Has this been an issue for other people? For $100, I think it would take more work and money than that to make a fake Acrolite, yes?

Considering how common both Acros and Supras are, I haven't really come across faked ones. Has this been an issue for other people? For $100, I think it would take more work and money than that to make a fake Acrolite, yes?

I can see how you thought that. I meant to say the sellers didn't know, in any capacity, what they had. Acro, rocker, chrome...Nothing.

Just check and make sure the throw works good and that its not dented in where it mounts or on the butt plate side. Other than that your ears will tell you the rest. Post pics when you get it.

That's an acro..for sure.There are hundreds of thousands of them out there,which is why the're so cheap.To make a phony would be like counterfeiting a penny.

Steve B

That's an acro..for sure.There are hundreds of thousands of them out there,which is why the're so cheap.To make a phony would be like counterfeiting a penny.

Steve B

Again, not a counterfeit issue. Just a matter of people listing them as "snare drums" and not knowing what they are when asked.

Back