Drum Head Packages

Anyone notice a drop in quality between single heads and those in packages?

What manufacturers are you referring to? I've already bought Evans packs and didn't have any issues with them, but this was about a 6 month ago. I watch for sales, lol. I usually buy the packs to save money, then I fill in with the heads that I need that didn't come in the pack.

Dennis

I cant fathom that the manufacturer would put a lower quality head in a pre-pack than as a one-off, especially since many drummers use more drums than the pre-packs have heads...you need even quality throughout.

jm.02

F

I don't see how they'd be lower quality.

I can't even use packs anyway, the packs never have an 18" skin for my 2nd floor tom or a 13" for my rack tom. That and I use Remo on my toms and snare and Aquarian on my bass drum. It is an expensive kit to rehead at 155GBP from thomann. *Cringes*

I have had two different sets of Evans in a pack and found no difference in quality. I have an 8 inch tom and have to buy it singly and see no difference.

I have not noticed a difference either...what has been an issue for you that causes you to bring out such an issue and what heads are you using.

I've never noticed a difference either, and like some others have said, my kit has more drums than what come in the packs so I also have to buy single sizes for some of my toms. Still I've never noticed a difference. I play Remo heads.

Thanks for the input..been gone for a few days just catching up on posts. I needed to replace 8,10,12,14,16 tom heads and noticed I could save a few dollars getting a fusion pack plus the 8 and 16. Didn't work out anyway..the packages were sold out. I did however get the 10 through 16 (Vintage Emps) at GC and they price matched Interstate Music plus a little extra off.

Back