Beater types ?

CheeseCake95

Hi waddup guys ~
Planning on some new beaters as these Felt Demon drives one are taking its toll on me. What kind of beaters do you guys like ? I have been looking through a lot and made a few considerations and like some opinions on them : Axis sonic hammers; Trick Dominator; Iron Cobra plastic; DW hardcore and the Speed Cobra beaters. I play heel-toe so i prefer a medium and light beater for reponse and speed but the heavier ones for power and volume. Struggling to make a choice to find the "balanced" one. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Seb

I like the Pearl D100DB Dou Beater. It is not too heavy, and the plastic side has a nice attack to it. I used to use wood beaters, but found them to be a bit heavy for extended runs.

thanks the vid was very basic but indeed informative for the beginners ~ I'm just more concerned about weight, cash and it's usage that fits me best. Well I play death metal and a heck load of rock so generally i use wooden/plastic beaters. Since I'm in need to get new ones as old ones broke, was thinking about Sonic Hammers for its adjustability and it seems fairly durable given the correct usage. Just need to figure something that fits the plastic/metal/wood beater criteria; value for money and last but not least doesn't look so bad.

The one bit of negative news I've heard about the sonic hammers is they don't have a lot of punch to them. I recently swapped out the aluminium beaters that came with my Trick Dominators for a pair of Iron Cobra rubber beaters. Nice weight, good sound when they strike the head, I like them.

Back