Hey im new please check out my pics and videos

Mark Hopkins was born in Chicago, Illinois and is a second generation Irish/Greek American. He moved to Houston, Texas at the age of five and was raised there. Mark moved to San Antonio in 1980 and began playing with The Moronics, an oldies band, in the mid-eighties -- he played with them for 10 years. While with The Moronics, Mark's 15 minutes of fame came when they played the San Antonio River Parade three years in a row, playing in front of over 100,000 people. In the years to follow, Mark played with several other local cover bands including The Wellsouls and The Remedy, performing all around San Antonio and the surrounding areas.

As a young boy, Mark was influenced musically by The Beatles and to this day maintains that “they are the best and there will never be another.” When Mark was 12 he saw a snare drum in a Sears catalogue and his drumming career had begun. His main drumming influences were Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich. Mark currently makes his music on an Ayotte North American maple kit with Zildjian and Paiste cymbals.

Sorry, I was right the first time.

mark_h_simpson_headshot.jpg

Love the Simpsons picture, Mark.

I'm glad you admit to your femininity, but the last few times you were banned you were a guy.

That's pretty funny. I just thought Zepgirl was the "rad singer" from the B Sides Band or whatever. Nice.

As soon as I saw the word girl, I knew he was a guy. :D
Looks like he's been banned though. See him next time?

Last edited:
Really? I thought this forum was open for opnions, I've been reading a lot of post before posting my own and I've seen guys saying that didn't like a singer or whatever. I was always on the understanding that if you post something you're opening yourself up for praise and or criticism. What you're saying is only comment if you agree with the subject matter or if you like what you see or hear, correct? I think that is rather ludicrous.

But it's not even you're opinion. You said "it's not music" which is you saying what you think is a fact rather than just the way the song makes you feel.

Sounds Like: Chimps stomping on a bread truck, LOLOLOL!!!!!!!
Killer pics. First recording sounded awesome. Hope you guys can record some more tracks professionally.

Welcome to drummerworld, the coolest group on the entire world wide web.

Liked the songs, and the drumming obviously and the china placement.

Who's Mike?

Tom

Who's Mike?

Tom

Do you mean Mark? Mark, I have come to find out is the original poster AND an additional poster, who has been banned from DW four times. Once as Juststickingaround, once as Madmax, once as Whitedrummer, and once again (in the same thread no less) as Zepgirl. If he comes back again, he should just name himself DWForumTroll and save Dogbreath the trouble of finding him/her.

Hi Greg. I will give your songs a listen when I get the chance. I like the photos you have posted, and I like your setup. Would like to see some specs on your kit.

Well guys I listened again, and you know what if It was just music without the vocal screamer I could listen for awhile. I really liked the drum sound on the video from behind the drummer, o.k am I forgiven? After all I'm just a girl, what do I know? Pesce.

well ZepGirl for you to tell me my bad doesnt make music makes me laugh seeing as we play for hundreds of people every show. You can give me critisim about the MUSIC but dont tell me its not music. I didnt post this for people to tell i dont make music. Music is my life and this style of music is what i love. And yes you just a girl WHAT DO YOU KNOW! ;)

Great drumming. Feels like it's inspired by Underoath and bands like that. Love that you drum on your socks. I did that too for a while, but I feel like I can get more power with my shoes on. (gravity?).

Keep on rocking man, you have potential :).

I like your drums man. I've got a set of white pdp's too with all A Customs. Anyways, I'm liking your music for the most part. You guys really have something going for you....keep it up man.

Back