Pic of yourself

It's been a long time since I've played seriously. Here are some recent screen grabs of slightly more recent outings:

petersham-drums.jpg

marrickville-keys.jpg

Jan Hammer eat yer heart out!

...?

I think not :)

Wow. This never happens. A picture of MFB actually playing the drums...

Attachments

• n511432337_1203399_5648.jpg
    n511432337_1203399_5648.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 958
Hold on. mfb, you play the drums??

A couple of pictures of me with my new custom Trick Kit. The kit isn't fully put together in these pics, nor do I have my own cymbals or my brand new custom bass drum head on... but you get the idea.

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

This is a really old picture of me before I started playing for Trick. I'm playing on a Yamaha here. This is during a show in Scottsdale, Arizona with a band I used to play for called Radiofix.

martiniranch127.jpg

Wow. This never happens. A picture of MFB actually playing the drums...

WOW!!, I've seen you with a guitar, passed out with cards, I've seen you with a tiarra, and posing as the statue of liberty.......first time I've seen you on a set, lol. You Look good behind a set of drums. lol. Nice set too, have any more pics of that lurking around?

Untitled-2.jpg

This was somewhere around South Dakota possibly.. our band had a show to play in Minnesota (we're from California) and as I was driving, I decided to wake up our photographer and let him see the sunrise. He decided to wake up everyone else, tell them to unload acoustic equipment, and play in this open field off the highway. It was like, 35 degrees outside but totally beautiful and awesome. There's video of this somewhere.. we did this sort of thing all along the way, there and back.

I thought I would finally post a pic of me here. This is me opening for Goatwhore and Arsis in Tucson, Arizona at The Rock.
EpicGretsch.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

This was somewhere around South Dakota possibly.. our band had a show to play in Minnesota (we're from California) and as I was driving, I decided to wake up our photographer and let him see the sunrise. He decided to wake up everyone else, tell them to unload acoustic equipment, and play in this open field off the highway. It was like, 35 degrees outside but totally beautiful and awesome. There's video of this somewhere.. we did this sort of thing all along the way, there and back.

That is the greatest picture ever. Such freedom that it shows. Really makes me want to be in a band too :)

Last Sunday at band Practice, on a set of Yamaha Rydeens. 22, 12, 13 and 16 with a 5X14 snare.

Cymbals 14" ZHT's, 18" A Rock, 16" A custom and 22" Z power ride

Attachments

• pete yammies.jpg
    pete yammies.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 815
Last Sunday at band Practice, on a set of Yamaha Rydeens. 22, 12, 13 and 16 with a 5X14 snare.

Cymbals 14" ZHT's, 18" A Rock, 16" A custom and 22" Z power ride

I meant to ask:

Is that: Drums Word or Drum Sword?

WOW!!, I've seen you with a guitar, passed out with cards, I've seen you with a tiarra, and posing as the statue of liberty.......first time I've seen you on a set, lol. You Look good behind a set of drums. lol. Nice set too, have any more pics of that lurking around?

Unfortunately not, that was just by luck that someone happened to be taking photos at a concert I was playing in. That wasn't my set, that was a lovely Premier Artist Birch with an 18" bass drum that I was particularly fond of.

Me drumming at a talent show during church summer camp. Not my kit.

Attachments

• n1010760516_30762133_4684.jpg
    n1010760516_30762133_4684.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 756
Awesome those were the days .Great photos.

Hello,
My name is Michael Whitlow and I'm from Atlanta Georgia. I was in the same band, 285, for 16 years. We were the house band at Six Flags over Georgia in 1982 and 1984. After that we were "rock and roll prostitutes" for 13 years playing clubs while traveling around the United States (mainly the Southeast). One of our best gigs was Club LaVela in Panama City Beach (one of the homes to spring break). Great stories and even better times.

I don't miss the road too much, but I sure do miss playing every night. I'm currently a third year medical student, so I just play drums as a hobby now. At least I actually get to practice versus trying new licks in front of a few hundred people every night. I have learned more in the last year than I would have in a few years on the road (especially with Drummerwold).

If Drummerworld was around when I was in high school, I might have never graduated.

Slingerland755

Back