Interesting photograph..

aydee

Platinum Member
I was over at my friend Nick's studio today. On the wall of his studio are cuttings of photos from various magazines and newspapers... of artistes who made an impression on him.

This one, of Wilson Pickett, for example, singing in New York, circa 1965 was one such cutting from NY Times. Who knows, maybe he was belting out Mustang Sally. The song was written that year.
Look who was playing guitar for him! Thought some o y'all will find it mildly amusing. Photo taken on my phone.

photo.jpg

JIMI you bet that is interesting...I LOVE IT one of my guitar heroes!!!! As much as I loved Hendrix, I am surprised I did not become a guitarist, but I am a drummer all the way! Hey Jimi got around if I remember correctly he did some stuff with the Isley Brothers as well.

Amazing picture of the Voodoo Child (Jimi), in his younger days.....Aydee! thanks, man.

Great pic Abe! I never saw a pic of Jimi playing a Fender Jaguar (I think that's what it is) He played that upside down too!

I believe he also used to play road dates w/ Richard Penniman, aka Little Richard (arguably THE best voice in early rock)

Re: photo taken on my phone.

It's funny how we take for granted the technology we have. If you would have said that in the 80's or prior...you may have gotten some strange looks....

Great pic Abe! I never saw a pic of Jimi playing a Fender Jaguar (I think that's what it is) He played that upside down too!

I believe he also used to play road dates w/ Richard Penniman, aka Little Richard (arguably THE best voice in early rock)

Re: photo taken on my phone.

It's funny how we take for granted the technology we have. If you would have said that in the 80's or prior...you may have gotten some strange looks....

Right, I googled the pic and here's the original. This was an Atlantic Records party in 1966, NYC, the same year Jimi went on to London and got 'Experienced'. I think the band was The Midnight Movers

4304026975_e4ab218328.jpg

PS- Larry, I think Jimi's Strat/Marshall thing happened when he met up with Jim Marshall in London, which was later that year. This does look like a Jag.

Jimi's famous white Stratocaster...was given to him by Linda Keith, who was Keith Richards GF at the time. She swiped it from Keith Richards, (who supposedly never missed it) and gave it to Jimi. You have to wonder what Jimi gave to her in return ha ha.

Back