Necessary Accessories?

joshvibert

I've come to realize that there are some much nicer accessory items on the market now than when I was coming up and learning to play. For instance, my metronome is an old, cheap, piece of junk with no headphone input, it skips about every 4 BPM on the dial, and it just has a flashing light, not a swinging bar, so you can't ever tell that you're starting to get off the beat until it's too late. A music stand is another thing that went missing somewhere along the transition from high school to college to marriage. I'm not looking to blow a bunch of money on useless gadgets, but I figure a music stand and a good metronome are pretty important. It is important to me that the music stand fold, however, so that I can travel with it.

Finally, as I get older, I'm finding that warming up is increasingly important to my ability to play cleanly and without pain for long sets. My pad is a 12" or 14" Realfeel that's just really big to haul around and doesn't fit in my stick bag. Can anyone recommend a decent warm up pad that's not too big, but also not so small/light that it bounces around when you it it?

I'd appreciate your input on models and cost for the above items as well as any other neccessary accessories I'm missing.

Thanks!

Realfeel makes small pads, too. Epad has a lot of different less bouncy models.

I have one of the smaller Xymox pads--about 6" and it's nice.
My Real Feel is the larger one.

I like the mouse pad idea though! I'm going to start using one myself. Seems a lot easier to deal with.

Last edited:
Back