Hardware Case

Budiesel

I'm looking for a hardware case that would fit a few boom stands, throne, and my dw5000 hi hat stand without requiring me to take it apart to make it fit. It'd be really nice if it came with wheels too, but not mandatory. I've been reading about an SKB large case but more than a few people have said that the feet and/or wheels have broken on it, and even though it come with a lifetime warranty, I would rather not be sending it in for another one every few months, so if anybody has any suggestions, it'd be appreciated.

I have a small SKB case that I pack with nearly 100 pounds of gear. It has held up well. I would break down your stuff as much as you want and stack it as you would if putting it in a case, then measure how tall, wide and deep your case would have to be to hold everything.

The tall Humes and Berg Vulcanized Fiber case has wheels, and doesn't weigh a million pounds empty. The tall one is about 45" inside height. The wheels roll smoothly.

I've had the same one for 21 years now*, and other than some up keep maintenance, it's been a great case. It's seen it's share of rain, snow etc... and it keeps going.

I just fold up the legs on my stands, & bring the tilter down on one stand.
I only take the top section out of my gong stand.

The hat stand fits just folding up the legs (but I shortened the DW hat pull rod a couple inches).I bring up the height tube, and secure the clutch at the top of the rod. No need to take the thing apart, and I've never had anything happen to bend the rod.
There are two straps inside that secure everything too.

I recommend this case without any hesitation. No need for a heavy hard plastic case for the stands IMO, but I do have Enduros for the drums.

* haha! my hardware case is older than a lot of posters on another forum I go on hahaha!

For sure. I do all my own load in load out, now that my roadie wife is pregnant!

I can comfortably fit 3 Pearl bc-900 boom stands, 900 snare stand, DW 5000 snare stand, floor tom legs, throne bottom, BD pedal, BD mic boom stand, and drum rug in this case. I keep my sticks and hi hat rod in the side zipper storage, and mic cables in the end pouches.

Great case for the cash.

Back