Show us your Premier kits!!

My old 75th anniversary Genista

Here's my old 75th anniversary Genista kit (no. 121), 10,12,15,20. Unfortunately sold some weeks ago.
Genista2.jpg

WOW! What a find!

A proud Premier Signia owner here. I'll make sure I post a pic of my kit the next time I'm near my pics folder.

I question for people in here. Has anyone had any luck getting replacement parts for their Signia's?

After almost 16 years of constant use, my Signia tension mounts are breaking. One on my 22" bass drum, one on my 10" tom, and two on my 14"x6.5" snare. YIKES!!!!

So far, I've been able to make due, but the one that just broke on my bass drum is crucial and I need to replace the whole tube mount. I thought that I had gotten lucky and found an ebay listing of my exact color of my bass drum, but then the auction was taken down and the guy wanted to sell his whole kit.

Anyone have any ideas for Signia parts?

WOW! What a find!

A proud Premier Signia owner here. I'll make sure I post a pic of my kit the next time I'm near my pics folder.

I question for people in here. Has anyone had any luck getting replacement parts for their Signia's?

After almost 16 years of constant use, my Signia tension mounts are breaking. One on my 22" bass drum, one on my 10" tom, and two on my 14"x6.5" snare. YIKES!!!!

So far, I've been able to make due, but the one that just broke on my bass drum is crucial and I need to replace the whole tube mount. I thought that I had gotten lucky and found an ebay listing of my exact color of my bass drum, but then the auction was taken down and the guy wanted to sell his whole kit.

I think you can order that as a spare part from factory without problem.

Just Bought This, It Should Arrive On Monday!

Premier Artist Maple Series

26" x 16"
12" x 9"
16" x 16"
18" x 16"

will post pics once ive got it and set it up ect!

Attachments

• Premier artist maple 26.JPG
    Premier artist maple 26.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 14,911
WOW! What a find!

Hi
if anyone needs parts for Signia you won't get them from Premier BUT .... I have quite a good stock right now. Premier no longer carries ANY parts for older Series drums including Signia & Genista. Contact me directly & I will help you out with as many parts as I can, including ISO mount parts.
Cheers
Dancincrow.
[email protected]

That would have to mean that the factory would get back to me. I've sent an email to no avail. There's no US distributor at this point. Should I just call?

Hi
if you contact me directly - [email protected] - I can assist you with most Signia & Genista parts. Premier does not carry any parts for these drums anymore, writing, email or calling won't change that fact.
Cheers
dancincrow

WOW! What a find!

What sucks is one reason (of many) reasons I picked the Premier Signia at the time was it was made by a reputable company that I figured would offer parts for years to come.
And then they go and end up discontinuing the whole line. Grrrr....

Hi
if anyone needs parts for Signia you won't get them from Premier BUT .... I have quite a good stock right now. Premier no longer carries ANY parts for older Series drums including Signia & Genista. Contact me directly & I will help you out with as many parts as I can, including ISO mount parts.
Cheers
Dancincrow.
[email protected]

Guys, I can highly recommend Peter (dancincrow) for Premier parts. I'm in Australia & have been stuffed around for ages trying to locate some small bit 'n pieces for my kit from local suppliers. He really knows his stuff, he has tracked some down & they're on their way now. His communication & customer service through the whole process was very professional.

I already posted these, but, hey, since there's a dedicated Premier thread...

Originally, this is a 7-piece Projector Series kit that I bought brand new in 1989. I can get two kits out of it when the mood strikes. These are the classic, awesome 3-ply birch with beech re-ring shells along with the long Art Deco lugs. This was one of the final years that they used the classic Premier lugs. Yamaha had just bought out Premier at the time, so there were a lot of changes right after this kit came out. Premier was bought back from Yamaha in the mid/late 90's and became it's own company again.

I throw hoops on the 18" floor tom as the basis of FT/BD conversion kit. I fold down the FT legs, so I get BD spurs without the need for any drilling.

10(x9), 13(x11), 18(x16), 13x6.5 Yamaha Musashi Oak, Gibraltar flat-based hardware

15" 2002 Sound Edge Hats with 18", 20", 24" Paiste Giant Beats

1024_DSC_0011.jpg

1024_DSC_0005.jpg

Here's the rest of the kit in situ at our practice space.

12(x10), 16(x15), 22(x16), 14x5 '76 Ludwig Supraphonic

15" Paiste/Ludwig Hats (early 60's, nickel-silver), 18" K Zildjian Med. Thin Crash, 16" Sabian Thin Crash (80's block letter ink), 21" Sabian HH Vintage Ride

The original hardware is a strange hybrid of classic Premier details (tilters, wingnuts and tighteners) on top of, I believe, the standard double braced Yahama hardware of the time. Those collars on the stand segments are straight up Yamaha, but everything is marked "Premier", though. The kick drum pedal and hi-hat stand footboard are also obviously Yamaha, but they're still molded and stamped "Premier Made in England".

1024_DSC_0116.jpg

-

Last edited:
Guys, great to see all these "P" kits, I remember looking thru a Premier catalog many years ago & thinking how I'd never be able to afford one of those... I went for Tama as soon as a got my first job tho, but it still makes me really sad that the last UK drum maker now uses its jigs to produce satellite dishes.... As soon as i heard that Premier UK had gone to the wall I rushed out & purchased a modern classic craviotto snare for posterity. Had to have something from the "old empire!"
Keep em rocking guys!

Hi, new to the site. Here is my 74 Premier. Picked it up from an older gentleman, with 2 mounted toms 13 and 14, 16 floor tom, 22 bass, 14 snare, vintage 21 Zildjian medium ride, vintage 14 Zildjian hi-hats, Throne, Stands, and Tama single kick for $75 Canadian. At the time I didn't realize Premier was a good brand and wrote it off as being something you could pick up at Kmart...Since then I have made a few additions, Rack, Cymbals, Rayzorback Custom Snare, and Vex Double Kick. I just yesterday got a 12 tom that needs some major restoration..should be fun!

What it looked like a few months after I first got it...
img00157.jpg

img00158.jpg

and now...
dscn1009e.jpg

dscn1011.jpg

...at last.

These were at Daves Drum shop in Ottawa, and I had been eyeing them for a couple of months. I have seen a few of these older seventies kits and I have always had a soft spot for them. This was an impulse buy that took about four months to complete.

Specs for this kit are as follows. 22x14 bass fibreskyn PS3 and ambo. 16x16 floor tom coated emporor batter, clear ambo res. 14x10, and 13x9" rack toms, coated emp over clear ambo. This kit is in great shape for the price, but it does need a few parts, and the wrap on the underside of the bass drum is split cracked and peeling in some places. These just came in yestarday, so all I have had time for was the hurry up tweaking.

As for the set up, I am going with the 22, 16, 14, plus a DW 13x5" snare, 20" legacy ride, 16" HHXtreme crash, and 14" Manhattan jazz hats.

This is a really cool little kit, and I am looking forward to spending a little more time with them.

Barry

My Birch Classic. Just bought it brand new. 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 22x18, 14x5.5.
Sounds awesome. Premier are underrated, these drums sound and feel amazing to play. There are more pics of it under the 'your gear' section
5454_102233756658_643871658_2287064_7436571_n.jpg

Hi,

Here are a Monster Signia Marquis kit, the same in a smaller configuration and a mini Genista kit... Oh, I have to say that one bass drum is 18 inches deep (right foot), the other is 16 !! So if you know another natural maple 18 deep, let me know, I'll pay the price (if it's not natural maple OK, but won't pay the same price ;-) !!!!

kakite_06.jpg

kakite_07.jpg

jazz1.jpg

genista06.jpg

@+
K

Back