Drumming Rock Star Clothes??

WPGCrazyNinja

I'm 14 years old and i look like I'm about 16 or 17 and I drum in a band now but i don't have any real rockstar type of clothing? can you guys help me out? I know i sound pretty stupid haha. I was thinking of something like The Rev (of Avenged Sevenfold). HELPPP..

lol, crazy subject. band t-shirts & jeans, can't go wrong. especially for that sort of music. some skate shoes i.e. DC. or some adidas/nike hi tops. enjoy.
or wear whatever you want, because really being in a band is cool enough without the clothes. make sure you don't get a ear piercing (plugs) or something ridiculous!

Do you want to wear something like this? the bull-whip is an additional item for the audience!

Attachments

• robhalford2.jpg
    robhalford2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 9,781
Just wear what feels comfortable to you and allows you to drum your best. Most "rock star" drummers are just wearing t-shirts and jeans in any case.

Anything is fine as long as you don't copy the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Always wear more than just a sock on your dangle.

-Jonathan

I'm 14 years old and i look like I'm about 16 or 17 and I drum in a band now but i don't have any real rockstar type of clothing? can you guys help me out? I know i sound pretty stupid haha. I was thinking of something like The Rev (of Avenged Sevenfold). HELPPP..

Absolutely. This is the guy you want to check out for "threads." He's got it all happening.

I totally understand the difficulties of finding good, comfy clothes to play live. If you are looking for a Rev vibe, grab some surplus camo pants and cut them into shorts, grab a black t-shirt that fits, and wear some soccer or running shoes. I've worn this on stage and it is light, comfortable, and fits the look of a metal band. In another group that plays mid-tempo rock I wear some nice jeans, dressy shoes, and a button-up black shirt. You can rock the Aronoff look and wear jeans and a black graphic t-shirt too.

When in doubt, ask the band how they want to look. It is important you are all on the same page image-wise. Regardless of what anyone else says, you are selling a product and packaging counts.

The thing is, the guys who wear the the outrageous rock star outfits chose what is appropriate for the band they are in.

Yes, you want to look appropriate for the gig/band your in, but until you know what band you're in, I don't think you need to stress over what to wear.

Rev's outfits fit what the rest of AX7 was doing.

Tommy Lee didn't wake up wearing his crazy outfits, it evolved along with what the BAND was doing.

I totally understand the difficulties of finding good, comfy clothes to play live. If you are looking for a Rev vibe, grab some surplus camo pants and cut them into shorts, grab a black t-shirt that fits, and wear some soccer or running shoes. I've worn this on stage and it is light, comfortable, and fits the look of a metal band. In another group that plays mid-tempo rock I wear some nice jeans, dressy shoes, and a button-up black shirt. You can rock the Aronoff look and wear jeans and a black graphic t-shirt too.

When in doubt, ask the band how they want to look. It is important you are all on the same page image-wise. Regardless of what anyone else says, you are selling a product and packaging counts.

The thing is though we are not a metal or screamo band. We are just a plain kick ass rock band. We play all sorts of stuff but i like the look of the rev.. He seemed like he played the role amazingly on stage as a drummer while still kicking ass.. you know what I mean?

When choosing your rock star clothes, start from the bottom up.

GJs

Attachments

• Drumming Shoes 20% 3.jpg
    Drumming Shoes 20% 3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 7,650
There's always the Tommy Lee line of drumming apparel.

Very cool on those hot nights.

-R

Attachments

• tommy1.jpg
    tommy1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 20,732
Serious answer, as you are drumming chances are most people won't see below your waist so shoes and trousers can be whatever.

Top - decent t-shirt or shirt. If you are in a band, what are the rest of your mates wearing?

But music is an expression of individuality so whilst expressing yourself as a person on your drums, express yourself in your clothes. Wear what you want.

You want Rock n Roll clothes??? Well?? Do you?? 6717 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028

Go man go!

Back