DIRTY LOOPS

Joe Morris

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
I know there has been a forum on these guys before but it didn't get much attention. An engineer that I work with sent me this link for these guys and I was truly blown away. Yes the drumming is excellent, the bass playing is killer, the groove is freaking tight, the vocals are off the chart and the keyboard playing is awesome and tasteful. So I'm not just blown away by the drummer, I am blown away by the whole vibe. The hits, the execution, everything. I hope the best for these kids. Check out their newest cover.

http://youtu.be/nsqh9jHkHlM

There killing me man, I was truly inspired by them. They look dam young too. I think its awesome. The concept is very smart too in a business sense. They would be very marketable. I looked for them on line and I don't even think they have a record out yet. I heard they were music conservatory students from sweden.

OMG! I had the same feeling listening to these, as I did hearing Los Labotomy for the first time. Different, I know, but the same wow feeling. There's no point in me highlighting any particular aspect of this performance, as it's all beyond right up there. I echo the YT calls for some original material from these guys, & for my personal taste only, I'd like to see a complementary guitarist in there & a bit of grit in the vibe.

Bass player's 99/100. He loses 1 point for nail polish ;)

There killing me man, I was truly inspired by them. They look dam young too. I think its awesome. The concept is very smart too in a business sense. They would be very marketable. I looked for them on line and I don't even think they have a record out yet. I heard they were music conservatory students from sweden.

They went on tour with Danny Saucedo, who took the second place in the Swedish eurovision, last year. That's all I know. You should be able to hear, and see them, on the tune "In the Club" live (unfortunately, that particular one sucks...) :)

Good stuff, Joe. Too often this style is tamed, cleansed and turned into saccharine, but these guys have combined the fire and flair of real fusion with the poppy appeal of smooth "jazz".

Sounds like they're following in the line of Steve Wonder and Jamiroquai, but with an added touch of hard fusion a la Chick / Weckl / Tribal Tech.

Putting my fortune teller hat on ... in the future a man in a suit will convince the band to pull back the flash and soon afterwards they will have a saccharine minor pop hit :) That's the usual devolution - from youthful inspiration to covering the mortgage.

Sounds like they're following in the line of Steve Wonder and Jamiroquai, but with an added touch of hard fusion a la Chick / Weckl / Tribal Tech.

Very good description. I can definitely hear the Weckyl/Wonder influence. On their website it says the drummer was extremely influenced by Dave Weckyl. It definitely shows in his playing.

They went on tour with Danny Saucedo, who took the second place in the Swedish eurovision, last year. That's all I know. You should be able to hear, and see them, on the tune "In the Club" live (unfortunately, that particular one sucks...) :)

Yea, I saw that one and yea!! your right it did suck. lol

Good stuff, Joe. Too often this style is tamed, cleansed and turned into saccharine, but these guys have combined the fire and flair of real fusion with the poppy appeal of smooth "jazz".

Putting my fortune teller hat on ... in the future a man in a suit will convince the band to pull back the flash and soon afterwards they will have a saccharine minor pop hit :) That's the usual devolution - from youthful inspiration to covering the mortgage.
OU

OUCH!!! Your probably right but I hope not. We have enough watered down pop stars today. This kids got soul I hope he sticks with his band mates. If they put out a cd or the covers their doing, the way they do it. I would totally buy it. I guess we shall see, it was just nice for me to listen to something and like "keep it simple said get that WHOW feeling. I was moved. I love that. Plus you get extra props for spelling Jamiroquai. LOL

OMG! I had the same feeling listening to these, as I did hearing Los Labotomy for the first time. Different, I know, but the same wow feeling. There's no point in me highlighting any particular aspect of this performance, as it's all beyond right up there. I echo the YT calls for some original material from these guys, & for my personal taste only, I'd like to see a complementary guitarist in there & a bit of grit in the vibe.

Bass player's 99/100. He loses 1 point for nail polish ;)

Come on Andy I was digging his nail polish. The love the irony in the way he looks and the way he plays. Polar opposites. They makes it even more betta!!!

OU

OUCH!!! Your probably right but I hope not. We have enough watered down pop stars today. This kids got soul I hope he sticks with his band mates. If they put out a cd or the covers their doing, the way they do it. I would totally buy it. I guess we shall see, it was just nice for me to listen to something and like "keep it simple said get that WHOW feeling. I was moved. I love that. Plus you get extra props for spelling Jamiroquai. LOL

I wouldn't have gotten it wrong if not for Google :)

If this is a project of love and the players are making their money elsewhere, then the evil future I have foretold may not come to pass!

that vocalist / keyboardist is a force, even if he sounds almost exactly like Stevie Wonder.
And that's an accolade that very few could carry with any credibility, but this guy can :) Pol, I agree, as much as I'd like these three to stick together, & as much as we believe in the value of the superb drummer & bass player (especially the bass player IMO), the business bastards of this world will likely see it differently. I'm totally with Joe on this though, separating these guys, & killing the very special vibe they have, would be criminal, but the music business is a shady pit with a homogeneous bent :(

Back