Have not found my type of sticks

Henke90s

Hi there, i will get some new vic firth sticks tomorrow,probably 2 pair of sticks. I broke my sd9...i didnt really know they were made for jazz and right now i only have a pair of sd1 general and they are a little to big for my taste. i play mostly soft rock in the band iam in. I think i will go for the American classic 5b, but last time i checked they were sold out in the shop, dont know why people prefer them so much. I dont know what type to buy i havent really found my type of sticks yet. Its not that iam against huge sticks like sd1, i believe a size between big and small, then theres the weight, but a little more light than the sd1 i guess. Its hard.

Try a 5A or 55A if they don't have any 5B's in stock. They are a little smaller in diameter than the SD9, but they are hickory so they are a little denser. 5A is a good all-around stick and it's probably the most popular size out there. 55A is a tad heavier, between a 5A and 5B.

Check out sticks made by http://www.customdrumstix.com/

They will make anything you need. Wood type, tip, taper, length etc...

They spend a lot of time picking the best wood for the sticks (and it shows in the product). They are very durable, and feel great.

I love them.

Back