My favorite sticks

I dont discriminate at all and it is usually what kind of sound i am going for.

Jazz- Pro-MArk 9A- Carl Allen, Vater- Manhattan Jazz(both wood tips)

Funk/Rock/ I need sound- Pro Mark 707 Nylon

All Around- Vater Manhattan Jazz Nylon

I've kind of moved from 5A's to 2B's, I guess I just find the added weight more comfortable.

Been using the Vic Firth Dave Weckl Evolution and switched from the vic firth nova 7a

hmmm tough choice...

From pro mark I like...

Dom Howard Signature
Chris Adler Signature

Vic Firth...

American Jazz 2
American Classic 5A
Dave Weckl Evolution Signature

Vater...

Lil John Roberts Signature

I'd have to say my top 3 from those are...

1. Vic Firth Dack Weckl Evolution Signature
2. Pro Mark Chris Adler Signature
3. Pro Mark Dom Howard Signature

The first sticks i bought were Dave Weckl Signatures got the brown lacquered one until i found out my hands sweat like a beast when i play.

I use the Vater Fatback 3A (wood tip) for most of my work. I like the Vic Firth 5A for some stuff.

I just picked up some pro-mark chris adler signature, and they're very good. It's a 5A model, but with a beefier taper and bigger tip. Still plays like a 5A though, you just get the power of a 5B.

got some sd9 driver sticks agesssss ago and i really liked them but i've never seen them since..did they get discontinued? well anyway i'm really loving vater american hickory 7a but i'm currently trawling the web for the sugar maple 7as...has anybody tried them? what are they like?

Promark Stephen Perkins or Mike Portnoy sigs depending on if I feel like oak or hickory. I play an ekit so the tips don't matter much to me and they both feel good but are not too big for the little kit. On my practice pad I like the Promard Hickory 2B. That being said I'm all about variety - been married 7 years so I like variety elsewhere in sticks, cars, etc. ; )
Sometimes I use the Promard 727 oak on the ekit or the Promark 747 on the acoustic kit at work (high school band room). When other people play my ekit I make them use the Promark 7A nylon tips.

I tried Steve Gadd Signatures. They're a rip off. They didn't make me sound like Steve Gadd at all!

I've tried them all but got addicted on Regal Tip 5As. I don't understand why Regal Tips aren't more popular. I have to get them online as a lot of drum shops don't have them, or only have a few in odd sizes. I love the feel and texture and the way they sound on cymbals.

Just trying Wincent 5BXXLs and I'd recommend the Wincent brand they're great. I'm really liking these. :)

Promark 5B's made of Japanese Oak
Promark 2B's made of Shara Kashi Oak
Vater 5B's

Vic Firth
Dave Weckl Evolution Nylon tips
Peter Erskine Ride Stick

Back